Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Count me unimpressed. What is this bringing to the table that doesn't already exist?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by Colnechris View Post
    well...

Sony Playstation 1
    Sony Playstation 2
    Sony Playstation portable
    Sony HDTV range
    Sony Playstation 3

Yeh, my moneys on this being a massive success.
    lol fanboy much?

what about the sony backed laserdiscs and memory stick duo card formats?

Im sure there other examples as well those 2 just off the top of my head... sony makes so-so TV nows btw. Read an offical press release from sony awhile back saying the PSP was a failure to do piracy... so that consider that one scrap as well.

so really its ps1-3, some decent but wildly overpriced TVs, some crazy laserdisks(big failure of 80s) and about 8 years of needless insistence of putting memory stick duo enclosures into electronic devices (phones,psp,cameras etc) when the rest of the world has clearly opted for SD card and micro sd cards enclosures.... ergo effectively limiting sales of electronics across the board for about 5-8 years while they fight in vain to prove memory card duo doesnt suck balls (too bad sony, it does)

If you want to point out the good its only fair to point out the bad, sony has been hit or miss at best the last 15 years with electronics and saying otherwise is a bit of a joke.

and this ugly arse phone will fail miserably. wont be a good psp... wont be a good phone... just a overpriced half arsed mix of both.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    This seems like a nice phone.. I wonder when it will come out.

With all do respect... I dont see how anyone who has a psp or a decent cellphone thinks this is good idea.

No one is going to buy this, or not in big #s.

Maybe im the pessimist but I dont think for a sec many people will buy this, it will be like the iphone (at the best) were EVEN if a large amount of people want the device, most will elect not to get it b/c ironically the best cell phone (presumption) is on the worst cell network (fact)

No way this thing is available for all consumers (i.e. sprint, verizon, tmobile etc)

One company will get it as an exclusive (at least for 2 years first off) and many interested in product wont buy it due to not being on their cell service provider and its not worth the hassle of swapping carriers/contracts for a dam phone.

The result will be smaller sales with a fragmented customer base.. which will dry up 3rd party devs to develop games b/c why develop a game only 20% of consumers can use? Its more profitable to make a DS game as they have larger consumer base.Which means less games and less people interested, a never ending cycle of growing disdain and disinterest.

Thats all under the assumption the device itself is properly put together and sold at a reasonable price (anyone believe that last part?)

As is this seems nothing more than a bad design on top of a poor idea.

Quote Originally Posted by SwordOfWar View Post
    this is a great alternative for people who want a phone but don't want to carry a bulky psp.

Obviously you can't fit a game pad and keyboard on a phone, so just use a real game pad and use a touch screen keyboard. Using touch screen for games is just stupid. It doesn't respond well enough.
    Exactly.

I love my iPhone 3Gs but I would gladly drop it for this. I hate lugging around an extra piece of hardware just to play games comfortably.

Enough with psp2 rubbish, I dub the "failphone".

Sony already came out and denied this and said the pictures are "completely fake" sorry guys i got pretty excited too but it looks like a hoax. I didnt think Sony would put out a PspGo phone either lol.

Yah, this is a total fake.

Some more pics and details: [Register or Login to view links]
    We've gotten our hands on some more images of the PlayStation Phone, and gleaned a few more juicy details about the handset. Firstly, as you can see in the photos, the model in question does indeed seem to be codenamed "Zeus" (as we reported on the 27th).

Furthermore, the handset pictured is running Android 2.2, though apparently there are multiple devices out there with different versions on board (including at least one packed with Android 3.0). Based on what we know, there's little chance the phone will launch with Froyo -- but it's clear these have been worked on for some time with various versions of the OS.

The device appears to have an 8GB microSD card slotted, and at least 512MB of internal storage (though we're hoping it's the 1GB we've heard would be present). As you can see from the pictures in the gallery below, the device isn't exactly thin -- we surmise that the handset is around 17mm thick, or slightly thicker than HTC's Touch Pro 2 (and funnily enough, about the same as the PSPgo).

From a design standpoint, the device seems to have more in common with BlackBerry handsets than previous Sony Ericsson phones; that smoky chrome bezel which surrounds the device is definitely giving us Torch flashbacks. As always, we're hard at work digging up more info on the phone (and potentially more images), but for now, just sit tight and enjoy the exclusive photos in the gallery below.
    Attached Thumbnails<br><br> Attached Thumbnails

engadgetpspdetail1-1288143634.jpg   engadgetpspdetail2-1288143633.jpg   engadgetpspdetail3-1288143633.jpg   engadgetpspdetail4-1288143632.jpg   engadgetpspdetail5-1288143632.jpg   engadgetpspdetail6-1288143631.jpg  

engadgetpspdetail7-1288143631.jpg   engadgetpsphone21.jpg   engadgetpsphone22.jpg   engadgetpsphone24.jpg  

Cool

A few more pics attached below...
    Attached Thumbnails<br><br> Attached Thumbnails

engadgetpsphone24.jpg   engadgetpsphone25-1288384256.jpg   engadgetpsphone26-1288384257.jpg   engadgetpsphone27-1288384257.jpg   engadgetpsphone28.jpg  

Sponsored Links
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News