has now shared 3.03 OE-A For PSP
(including SDK) with us! Please post your feedback/compatibility results here, and below is also the info from the ReadMe file.
PSP Games- Work with 3.03 OE-A NO UMD mode
Changes from firmware 3.02 to 3.03:
- Added support for compression in PSX iSOs (look at popstation documentation for more details).
- Added support for decrypted document.dat (PSX games manual) (look at docmaker documentation for more details).
- Fixed a bug regarding free region: a stupid bug caused it not to work at all.
- Now it should work, although it has not been tested due to lack of UMD's of different regions
between the testers and me.
- Some generic bug fixes in the code.
- Readded the SDK.
To install, follow these instructions:
1. Copy oeupdatemaker and oeupdatemaker% to /PSP/GAME if you are in firmware 1.50, or to /PSP/GAME150 if you are in 2.71 SE or 3.02 OE.
2. Get the 1.50 and 3.03 sony updates (Google), and put them in the oeupdatemaker folder with the names 150.PBP and 303.PBP (respectively).
3. The program will generate a DATA.DXAR file, so please check the hashes to see that they match the following:
4. Copy 303oeflasher and 303oeflasher% to /PSP/GAME if you are in 1.50, or to /PSP/GAME150 if you are in 2.71 SE or 3.02 OE. Move the DATA.DXAR file to the 303oeflasher.
5. Run the program from the XMB. When it finishes, it will ask you to reboot the PSP; when you do that, you will be in 3.03 OE-A!
Sims 2: Pets
Sega Genesis Collection (US) PSP Games- Need UMD to run
GTA: Vice City Stories
Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max
MGS: Portable Ops PSX Games- that didn't work in 3.02 that do in 3.03 and vice-versa
Breath of Fire 4 - Smaller minor GFX glitches fixed
Chrono Cross - Item box glitch fixed
Chrono Trigger - Music play is perfect now
Constructor (PAL) - Works full speed and no graphic glitch
Digimon World 3 - Still freezes when entering certain areas
Driver 2 - Gameplay fixed
Final Fantasy 7 - Menu glitch fixed, but battle swirl broken
Final Fantasy 8 - Some people reporting that there are no more crashes (still need to confirm it, though)
Final Fantasy 9 - Speed improvement in towns with many NPCs on screen (still not perfect, but better than 3.02)
Mortal Kombat Trilogy - had minor problems with 3.02, now it won't load past the Mortal Kombat logo
Parasite Eve 2 - Still not working
Rival Schools - Lag glitch during battles fixed
Resident Evil 2 - Still freezing at police department
Spiderman - Graphical glitches fixed
Wild Arms 2 - Works perfectly, unknown compatibility on 3.02
X-Files - Still doesn't work right