This is the 3.03 OE-C update. It can be only installed as a full installation, due to some substantial changes in the bootstrap. Both, update maker and the flasher work in 1.50, 2.71 SE (whatever version), and 3.02/3.03 OE (whatever version)
The instructions are as always:
- Copy oeupdmaker and oeupdmaker% to /PSP/GAME if you are in 1.50, or to /PSP/GAME150 if you are in
2.71 SE, 3.02 OE or 3.03 OE. Copy also the 1.50 and 3.03 updaters with the names 150.PBP and 303.PBP.
- Execute the update maker. It will generate the dxar file.
Checksums of the generated file:
SHA256: 1C72C1BE3C7E03E56F127AF365B8AA0B6C8C7A70BFF30E2770 C222E28D1CBBFE
- Copy 303oeflasher and 303oeflasher% to /PSP/GAME (1.50) or to /PSP/GAME150 (2.71 SE, 3.0X OE).
Copy also the dxar file inside 303oeflasher.
- Execute the flasher and follow the instructions.
Changes in OE-C:
- AVC videos bitrate limit patched. The firmware limited the bitrate of avc videos to only 768 Kbps.
OE now forces the limit to be 16384 Kbps. (Note: this doesn't mean than the psp can handle such a high bitrate;
this means than they won't show error. I don't know which is the real maximum bitrate than the psp can handle at
- Speed of OE boot is now ~3 seconds faster than previous versions. (without plugins).
- Cpu speed of XMB can now be changed.
- Wifi can now work at 333 Mhz.
- Added access to flashes 0 and 1 via usb in the recovery menu, based on the great idea of USBSSS by Booster.
Note that writing is enabled, so this is intended only for advanced users that know what they are doing in each moment.
(It is not a great idea to change anything from the kd folder).
Because of this addition, the rest of flashing options were removed.
- PSP isos can now be deleted as any normal memstick games. (also the size of the iso now shows fine when you press triangle->information).
- When formatting memory stick, GAME150, GAME303 and ISO directories will be automatically created.
- Changes in internal HEN core:
* If a EBOOT.PBP with a plain DATA.PSP had a data.psar, modulemgr took as size of the executable the size
of data.psp+data.psar. Fixed. (this fix enables psx games to have plain data.psp without causing a memory error).
* Added a couple of patches found by Tyranid. One allows syscalls instructions to be used in kernel mode
without causing a crash. The other allows sceKernelQueryModuleInfo to work with sceInit and previous modules.
For changes in popstation, refer to popstation readme.