Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Stick Out Tongue Official PSP 3.03 OE-C And Compatibility thread!

Dark_AleX has just shared with us a new version of his custom firmware for the PSP. It comes with a whole range of changes including the ability for AVC videos bitrate limit to be patched, boot speed is faster, XMB speed can be changed, WiFi works at 333 MHz, and a whole lot more detailed below!

Download: http://www.ps3news.com/forums/attach...achmentid=8926

This is the 3.03 OE-C update. It can be only installed as a full installation, due to some substantial changes in the bootstrap. Both, update maker and the flasher work in 1.50, 2.71 SE (whatever version), and 3.02/3.03 OE (whatever version)

The instructions are as always:

- Copy oeupdmaker and oeupdmaker% to /PSP/GAME if you are in 1.50, or to /PSP/GAME150 if you are in
    2.71 SE, 3.02 OE or 3.03 OE. Copy also the 1.50 and 3.03 updaters with the names 150.PBP and 303.PBP.

- Execute the update maker. It will generate the dxar file.

Checksums of the generated file:

CRC32: 27A38F3A
    MD5: 95C84F1F20643FB29E5F7DFFF6D04291
    SHA1: E4CE6EB16F90F0F667071085416C10B0BEA7CC22
    SHA256: 1C72C1BE3C7E03E56F127AF365B8AA0B6C8C7A70BFF30E2770 C222E28D1CBBFE

- Copy 303oeflasher and 303oeflasher% to /PSP/GAME (1.50) or to /PSP/GAME150 (2.71 SE, 3.0X OE).
    Copy also the dxar file inside 303oeflasher.

- Execute the flasher and follow the instructions.

Changes in OE-C:

- AVC videos bitrate limit patched. The firmware limited the bitrate of avc videos to only 768 Kbps.
    OE now forces the limit to be 16384 Kbps. (Note: this doesn't mean than the psp can handle such a high bitrate;
    this means than they won't show error. I don't know which is the real maximum bitrate than the psp can handle at
    full speed).

- Speed of OE boot is now ~3 seconds faster than previous versions. (without plugins).

- Cpu speed of XMB can now be changed.

- Wifi can now work at 333 Mhz.

- Added access to flashes 0 and 1 via usb in the recovery menu, based on the great idea of USBSSS by Booster.
    Note that writing is enabled, so this is intended only for advanced users that know what they are doing in each moment.
    (It is not a great idea to change anything from the kd folder).
    Because of this addition, the rest of flashing options were removed.

- PSP isos can now be deleted as any normal memstick games. (also the size of the iso now shows fine when you press triangle->information).

- When formatting memory stick, GAME150, GAME303 and ISO directories will be automatically created.

- Changes in internal HEN core:

* If a EBOOT.PBP with a plain DATA.PSP had a data.psar, modulemgr took as size of the executable the size
    of data.psp+data.psar. Fixed. (this fix enables psx games to have plain data.psp without causing a memory error).

* Added a couple of patches found by Tyranid. One allows syscalls instructions to be used in kernel mode
    without causing a crash. The other allows sceKernelQueryModuleInfo to work with sceInit and previous modules.

For changes in popstation, refer to popstation readme.

Installed this and I have to say there is a significant speed increase in boot time. I was thinking to myself yesterday it was weird that it took so long. No more will I wonder that to myself. :P

PSPSwampy's guide to installing 3.03 SE-C.

PSPSwampy's guide to installing 3.03 OE-C.

WARNING:
    As with any tools that FLASH your firmware - you MUST
    1. know what you are doing
    2. Have the AC power supply connected and have >75% battery life.
    3. Be SURE you are prepared to risk bricking your PSP!

Requirements:
    1 x PSP with one of the following firmware versions:-
    Official v1.5
    Custom v2.71 SE-*
    Custom v3.0 SE-*
    Custom v3.02 OE-*
    Custom v3.03 OE-*
    (or Official 1.51 - 2.71, which will need to be downgraded to 1.5 first!)
    Don't think i've missed any(?!)
    1 x USB cable
    1 x Copy of a 1.50 update EBOOT
    1 x Copy of a 3.03 update EBOOT
    1 x Copy of 3.03 OE-C For PSP

If you have a PSP with firmware 1.5 (original OR downgraded) follow the Firmware 1.5 Instructions bit otherwise follow the Custom Firmware Instructions bit.

Firmware 1.5 Instructions:-
    1. Extract the contents of the 3.03 OE-C For PSP file to a suitable location on your PC.
    2. Connect to PSP
    3. Copy the oeupdmaker, oeupdmaker%, 303oeflasher and 303oeflasher% folders from within the freshly extracted folder onto your PSP in the X:\PSP\GAME\ folder (We'll refer to your PSP as X:\ in this guide)
    4. Copy the 1.5 firmware EBOOT.PBP file into the X:\PSP\GAME\oeupdmaker folder and call it 150.PBP
    5. Copy the 3.03 firmware EBOOT.PBP file into the X:\PSP\GAME\oeupdmaker folder and call it 303.PBP
    6. Run the program (labelled "3.03 OE-C Update Maker" on your PSP) - this will automatically generate the DATA.DXAR file using the two firmware files (it will take a few mins, and will automatically close when done)
    7. Copy the DATA.DXAR file from X:\PSP\GAME\oeupdmaker to X:\PSP\GAME\303oeflasher
    8. Run the 303oeflasher program (Labelled "3.03 OE-C Firmware Install" on your psp)
    9. Follow on-screen instructions.
    10. You are done - reboot your PSP and you should now have 3.03 OE-C installed correctly!

Custom Firmware Instructions:-
    1. Extract the contents of the 3.03 OE-C For PSP file to a suitable location on your PC.
    2. Connect to PSP
    3. Copy the oeupdmaker, oeupdmaker%, 303oeflasher and 303oeflasher% folders from within the freshly extracted folder onto your PSP in the X:\PSP\GAME150\ folder (We'll refer to your PSP as X:\ in this guide)
    4. Copy the 1.5 firmware EBOOT.PBP file into the X:\PSP\GAME150\oeupdmaker folder and call it 150.PBP
    5. Copy the 3.03 firmware EBOOT.PBP file into the X:\PSP\GAME150\oeupdmaker folder and call it 303.PBP
    6. Run the program (labelled "3.03 OE-C Update Maker" on your PSP) - this will automatically generate the DATA.DXAR file using the two firmware files (it will take a few mins, and will automatically close when done)
    7. Copy the DATA.DXAR file from X:\PSP\GAME150\oeupdmaker to X:\PSP\GAME150\303oeflasher
    8. Run the 303oeflasher program (Labelled "3.03 OE-C Firmware Install" on your psp)
    9. Follow on-screen instructions.
    10. You are done - reboot your PSP and you should now have 3.03 OE-C installed correctly!

Installing Plug-ins (once the above has been done!):-
    1. Create a folder on the root of your PSP called seplugins
    i.e. X:\seplugins\
    2. Copy your plugin PRX files into this folder (i'm using cwcheat.prx for an example)
    3. Within the folder create two files "game.txt" and "vsh.txt" and within these files enter the location and name of your Plug-ins (e.g. ms0:/seplugins/cwcheat.prx)
    4. Save the updates to the text files
    5. Hard reset your PSP and then enter recovery mode (by powering back up and holding the R button
    6. Inside the recovery console, goto "Plugins ->" and then turn on/off your plugins!

That's it - you should now have a PSP with 3.03 OE-C installed and working!

(Uninstaller Tutorial coming soon)

PSPSwampy

Ok - if you find this guide useful, do NOT reply with a thank-you message - instead please click the icon to the left (under my username! on this post)
    Last edited by PSPSwampy; 03-03-2007 at 10:41 PM

I added the Guide link to our Site News also- Thanks PSPSwampy!

No worries boss - glad to help

Post PSPSwampy's guide to uninstalling custom firmware's.

PSPSwampy's guide to uninstalling custom firmware.
    WARNING:
    As with any tools that FLASH your firmware - you MUST
    1. know what you are doing
    2. Have the AC power supply connected and have >50% battery life.
    3. Be SURE you are prepared to risk bricking your PSP!

Requirements:
    1 x PSP with on of these firmwares:-
    Custom v2.71 SE-*
    Custom v3.0 SE-*
    Custom v3.02 OE-*
    Custom v3.03 OE-*
    1 x USB cable
    1 x Copy of a PSP Firmware v1.50 (USA) Update
    1 x Copy of my Custom_Firmware_Recovery_Pack.rar
    (Which i put together because it's not been included with the firmwares since 3.02 OE-A)

Returning to Firmware 1.5 Instructions:-
    1. Extract the contents of the Custom_Firmware_Recovery_Pack.rar file to a suitable location.
    2. Connect to PSP
    3. Copy the contents of the MS_ROOT folder in the archive to the root of your PSP.
    3. Copy your PSP Firmware v1.50 (USA) Update to the X:\PSP\GAME\RECOVERY\ folder but rename it UPDATE.PBP first!
    4. Hard reset your PSP (Hold Power up until PSP turns off)
    5. Power on PSP again and hold the R button (you will enter the recovery console)
    6. Scroll down to "Run program at /PSP/GAME/RECOVERY/EBOOT.PBP" and press X
    7. Read further instructions on the screen.

Note1: If you cannot boot your PSP, try to access recovery mode (HOLD R) because there is the option to enable USB there, and you will be able to copy all files needed using this.

Note2: (Obvious but likely to get forgotten) This will reset your settings (ie Nickname, WEP Keys and any other customisations)

IMPORTANT NOTE: Make sure you have actually got a 1.5 eboot, because if you flash it with something else by mistake you could be waiting a while to use homebrew again. (Or worst case, could brick your PSP).

PSPSwampy

Ok - if you find this guide useful, do NOT reply with a thank-you message - instead please click the icon to the left (under my username! on this post)
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by PSPSwampy; 04-23-2007 at 11:20 PM Reason: Forgot to attach the rar file!

I added the UnInstalling Guide to the Site News as well- Thanks again!

Is it possible to upgrade straight from 3.03 OE-A? Or it's better to have OE-B and then do the upgrade?

Does anyone know if I can use the DXAR file on multiple psp's or are they specific to each one?

Thank you Much.

Apart from power loss during the installation process what are the chances of bricking your PSP?

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast