Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Having a funky issue over here. After pulling up my PSP on my mac, it apparentlly changes something on those two memory stick descriptor files and the games don't show under PSP > Memory Stick... Only 'There are no games' ... when there most certainly are. Only way to get it working is formatting the MS and reapplying everything on a PC, but soon as I go Mac... dead.

Any pointers or am I the only one with this dilema?

I think Dark Alex did a super dooper bang up job on this firmware, the man is a console coding GOD. Just hope he didn't use those descriptor files as pointers to where the ISO/games folders are or else I'm screwed ^_^

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    AVC in 480x272 looks amazing. I edited the script to output 768 2 pass and it looks fantastic. 350mb xvid down to 282.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by csmon View Post
    AVC in 480x272 looks amazing. I edited the script to output 768 2 pass and it looks fantastic. 350mb xvid down to 282.
    I left it as is, looks great. Whenever I use PMP I set the bitrate at 900, can't really notice a difference. 175MB Xvid down to 110MB, 350MB Xvid to 196MB.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Is 3gp they way to go or is there another converter that people prefer? I liked psp video 9 or xvid to psp but i can't get either to do what I want. I'm big into anime and I'd like to watch an episode or two on my break at work. Just looking for a tutorial thanks.
    Last edited by vegita8888; 01-11-2007 at 04:12 AM

Quote Originally Posted by vegita8888 View Post
    Is 3gp they way to go or is there another converter that people prefer? I liked psp video 9 or xvid to psp but i can't get either to do what I want. I'm big into anime and I'd like to watch an episode or two on my break at work. Just looking for a tutorial thanks.
    What's wrong with 3GP? I love it, been using it (with edited code) for PMP v2+ for the longest time. Use the file PS3news.com has on its main page and 3GP is up and ready to go.

My question: Any indication on battery life vs PMP Mod? The encoding takes much longer for MP4, the file sizes are a tiny bit bigger and the bitrates are less to get roughly the same file size. I mean, hey, if battery life is improved, I'd have no problem to keep using the built-in player, but if it's worse, than why do it, save for a little bit more convinence?

does FF7 battle swirl work ok now? Also does FF8 and FF9 work ok ?

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodangel View Post
    does FF7 battle swirl work ok now? Also does FF8 and FF9 work ok ?

thanks
    From the readme in the 3.03 Oe-B update. it is stated that this release is just improvements on the video side, there is no improvements made to the ps1 emulator so i doubt the swirl thing would be okay.

Unhappy Please help...genuinley stumped

Hi there...

I think i have made an error, updating from 3.02 OE-A to 3.03OE-B with out the intermediate 3.03 OE-A upgrade. The PSP patched a few files and rebooted. since then, I have had a blank screen, with a constant power light and the memory stick flashing on and off every few seconds.

The PSP was working fine at 3.02 OE-A.

I have been able to get into recovery mode, enabled USB and copied a 1.50 EBOOT to the folder (there are three files in the folder already). I have renamed the 1.50 EBOOT to UPDATE.PBP. then Hard reset--->Recovery mode--->Run program at .../RECOVERY/EBOOT.PBP.

the screen returns once more to black, with the power light on constant and the memory stick flashing on and off every few seconds.

I performed the upgrade with battery at 100% and AC plugged in. Can somebody please help me get my PSP back working again :???

Many thanks
    NZA

Uhh, this looks quite bad... However, in my Recovery folder there are 4 Files already (decryptprx.prx,EBOOT.PBP,extprxs.pbp,libpsardumpe r.prx)+ the UPDATE.PBP (1.50)... So maybe your Recovery folder is just incomplete. Try redownloading the whole 3.02 (or maybe the 3.03 package) and put the whole Recovery-Folder onto the memory-stick root and add the 1.50 upgrade...

Hope that helps...

Edit: Oh wait, I see you copied the 1.50 EBOOT into the folder, most likeley overwriting the original EBOOT in the Folder (meaning you actually delete the Recovery-program!) Try to rename the eboot.pbp from 1.50 to UPDATE.PBP on your Hard disk instead of on the memory-stick; it should work then...
    Last edited by Dixxhead; 01-11-2007 at 11:49 AM

Man, that sucks. It sounds like a brick to me, but then again, I've never actually "seen" a bricker. May it be the first casualty of the OEs'? :??

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News