Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    i have two psps simply flash one to 3.02 and leave the other at 1.5

there you go

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by yoreo View Post
    I'm really not trying to criticize, but what is the allure of retaining this "virgin" state?

As far as I know, if you would revert back to 1.5 from any of the custom firmware(s) by Dark Alex, the flash0 and flash1 are formatted before it flashes back to 1.5. If that is the case, wouldn't it be considered for all intents and purposes a born again virgin v1.5 PSP?
    You are wrong unfortunately... a virgin 1.5 isn't the same as a re-flashed 1.5. Awhile back if you recall, there were a few apps that would ONLY work on a virgin 1.5 console- one that has never been flash-upgraded. For that reason (aside from forensic comparisons I'm sure) it's best to keep a virgin 1.5 as long as possible- preferably forever.

More importantly though, there is no significant REASON to flash when it's NOT necessary- as was proven in the past by other dev'ers who chose to emulate the firmware instead. Flashing is just the method one developer has chosen to use since much of the userbase (kids- who enjoy flash benefits like "faster menu loading" etc) doesn't mind, however, should someone else come along who prefers FW emulating instead then I'm sure a lot of 1.5 virgin users would welcome a non-flash solution is all.

Personally, I only use the PSP to play iSO images... and I'd much rather wait a few extra seconds for them to load without all the bells and whistles than to have to flash my PSP. However, I guess we should put this thread back on topic now though... since this is for those who don't mind flashing to use OE-A. Who knows, maybe in 1-2 years I'll flash my PSP too if no alternative arrives... but for the amount of time I use it (still playing Untold Legends 2 which works fine the non-flash way) I'm happy to continue using the old-fashioned methods. As for PSX games, if I wanted to play them I'd bust out my PSX and do it on the "big screen" HEHE

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    A lot of newer games like Justice League, Bliss Island and Shrek have their saves corrupted if you've made one with the previous 2.71 SE firmware. After you make a new save they work fine though (without Devhook)

Sponsored Links

gpsp 0.9

Sponsored Links
    i know its not an iso, but i cant get gpsp 0.9 (1.50 or hend) to work, it just crashes.
    Poo

3.0 Oe-a

Working only with UMD:
    Sega Genesis Collection
    Star Trek Legacy

Help plz, I download DevHook_Launcher_v0.51+v0.45_Mod_For_3. 02_OE-A_For_PSP and when I start game through DevHook Mod PSP hangs (crash and restart), 0.51 too hangs, what will advise? I want to start game through usb, sorry for my bad English )

ok my psp is flash i use 1.50 us and 3.02 ? because i dont know if its us or japanese. two i try the psx game it freeze, maybe it have to do with the custom fonts gameboot and sound

Quote Originally Posted by nothingtoday View Post
    A lot of newer games like Justice League, Bliss Island and Shrek have their saves corrupted if you've made one with the previous 2.71 SE firmware. After you make a new save they work fine though (without Devhook)
    you can still launch devhook (i use and recommend the hybrid 46/51) from 3.02 OE-A and run all those old saves fine.
    I was a good while into MGS:PO and wasnt about to start over!
    note - dont run any devhooks later than 46 though as they need to write to flash and thats a no-no w/ 3.02 SE-A

from the readme:
    DEVHOOK
    -------
    - Devhook for 1.50 can be run on GAME150 or GAME depending on the folder you set.
    - In devhook for 1.50 you cannot use the option of 1.50 flash if you are gonna reboot to XMB.
    - When using devhook 0.46 or higher, DO NOT use the options for flashing things.

Quote Originally Posted by PS3News View Post
    You are wrong unfortunately... a virgin 1.5 isn't the same as a re-flashed 1.5. Awhile back if you recall, there were a few apps that would ONLY work on a virgin 1.5 console- one that has never been flash-upgraded.
    That's good to know. I didn't have much use for those "virgin" specific apps as I used the WAB version changer a long time ago thus popping my PSPs cherry. I did however retain firmware version 1.5 until DAX came out with 2.71 SE-* and now 3.02 OE-*.

I don't know, but the main thing I like about the DAX custom firmware(s) is that one can see the ISO images on the memory stick from the XMB. It's nice not to have a UMD in the drive to run most ISOs too.

But back on subject...

(ISOs that work with no UMD)
    Ultimate Ghosts and Goblins
    Gradius Collection
    Lemmings

(ISOs that need UMD)
    NFS Most Wanted 5-1-0

i heard that you no longer need to name your videos with the weird maq10005 etc. names anymore. that you can just name your videos what you want. i think they are supposed to go in a video folder however and i'm not sure if this works with 3.02 or even where the video goes. if anyone knows anything and could help that would be awesome. thanks!

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News