Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by BrockSamson View Post
    what u talking about flashing your psp to 3.02 is the same as 1.50 but u get 3.02 suff with iso and all u want from 1.50. that why i flash my psp to 3.02 OE-A.
    Well, i tryied my luck one time, don't want to try again, because if it go bad ... you know.
    I have time, going to wait ... as i waited for 2.xx loader.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    This thing is great, I was a virgin 1.5 but I tried it out because I could easily enough revert back :P

Just tested beatboy randomly, works fine

The only annoyance is that all homebrew, .isos and PSX games (Crash also works like a charm :P) are bundled under the same menu in the PSP, and there currently isn't an ordering application, so I have corrupt icons all over the place and my most used apps at the bottom :P

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    i just had a look, and from what i could see, it only spoke about booting Devhook up in the new firmware, not installing the firmware with devhook

Quote Originally Posted by jonnymoe View Post
    hi, im loving the idea of this new custom firmware anyone got a lil guide on how i can install this custom firmware using the devhook so that i dont overwrite my original 1.5 Fw?

hope someone has

thanks
    I dont think that is possible.
    if you use this you'll basically replace your 1.50 w/ 3.02 OE-A.
    you can still run all your old 1.5 apps/brew by moving it into a folder PSP/GAME150.
    I am running the hybrid 46/51 dh that way so my MG:PO save's will load.
    I understand your plight but its the nature of the beast. the time will come where you'll have to "update" to stay on top and that time is drawing ever nearer.
    I can confirm that the risks are minimal - I had no problems. and you can (haven't tried it myself yet though) re-install any sony update (including 1.50) by way of the recovery mode.

from the readme:

Because official SCE updaters don't work in that 1.50 kernel environment (because they need some vsh files
    not available), i've included with this package a flasher that lets to flash any official update from
    1.50-2.71 to your psp.
    To use it, copy the files inside inside "flasher for recovery/RECOVERY" in /PSP/GAME/RECOVERY/
    and the official SCE updater renamed as UPDATE.PBP in the same directory, and run the program
    through the recovery option.

Another alternative for recovery is to reflash the own 3.02 OE-A.
    To do this, copy the EBOOT.PBP of oeflasher to /PSP/GAME/RECOVERY/EBOOT.PBP along with the
    DATA.DXAR file, and run it through recovery.

so if i installed this new firmware, i could still use devhook etc for running games the firmware wont?

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by steelsoldier View Post
    This thing is great, I was a virgin 1.5 but I tried it out because I could easily enough revert back :P
    Correct, however, you no longer have a clean PSP 'virgin' 1.5 flash now. Sure you can revert back to 1.5, but the issue we're referring to is keeping the stock flash in-tact basically.

Hopefully in a month or less they'll find a way to run this without flashing to the 3.02 OE. As I too would like to leave my 1.5 intact and play ps1 games under a emulated environment

Quote Originally Posted by jonnymoe View Post
    so if i installed this new firmware, i could still use devhook etc for running games the firmware wont?
    yes. you can still run all the same apps/emus/isos that you could w/ 1.50

you'll just have to move it into a new folder called GAME150 (make your own) in order to launch it from the 3.02 OE-A XMB.

Quote Originally Posted by PS3News View Post
    Correct, however, you no longer have a clean PSP 'virgin' 1.5 flash now. Sure you can revert back to 1.5, but the issue we're referring to is keeping the stock flash in-tact basically.
    I'm really not trying to criticize, but what is the allure of retaining this "virgin" state?

As far as I know, if you would revert back to 1.5 from any of the custom firmware(s) by Dark Alex, the flash0 and flash1 are formatted before it flashes back to 1.5. If that is the case, wouldn't it be considered for all intents and purposes a born again virgin v1.5 PSP?

Please correct me if I'm wrong as I'm not 100% certain. Although whenever I've flashed my PSP with any of the custom firmwares, it prompts that it formats the flash before anything is written.

BTW, I'm in the process of acquiring some of the PSX games. I'll let you know how that turns out.
    Last edited by yoreo; 12-22-2006 at 08:01 PM

Does anyone know if this requires the US or JP 3.02 Firmware? I know when I tried Devhook 51 it only worked with the 3.02 JP firmware. With the US one I couldn't get it to work. Anyone know if I can use the US firmware on this one when I try to create the Dxar file?

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News