January 8, 2007
- IGN.com is currently looking for three talented, motivated and energetic people to fill editorial positions on the site.
Many an amateur has made the mistake of thinking that working at IGN is a cakewalk, that all we do is "play games for a living." All of these fools have been sorely mistaken after working 14-hour days, staying up all night writing about horrible games that no one wants to play (yes Blaze & Blade, we're talking about you
), and posting 500 screenshots of Pokémon creatures.
Ideal candidates should have a passion for gaming, possess excellent writing and communication skills, have advanced knowledge of the gaming industry, and be dedicated to making IGN.com the best gaming destination on the Internet. Editor, PlayStation Team Duties:
Editors are responsible for general day-to-day writing and publishing duties on the site, and are the voices of the channel they work for. Daily tasks include writing and publishing channel-specific content including but not limited to news, features, previews, and reviews, maintaining a database of important channel-related contacts, as well as traveling and reporting on industry-related events. Requirements:
Submit cover letter, resume and writing sample for the PlayStation Editor position using this link[/URL]
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Outstanding writing skills
- At least two years writing experience at a Website or journalistic publication
- Extensive knowledge of PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3 and PSP games
- Excellent verbal and social skills
- Experience with HTML
- Extensive knowledge of the gaming industry, including specific games, publishers and developers
- Love and acceptance of all videogame systems
- Winning attitude
- Experience with video recording, capturing or editing a plus Can work in the San Francisco Bay area
IGN offers a highly dynamic work environment, benefits programs, and encourages creativity. From major event coverage (E3, TGS, and GDC) to spur-of-the-moment tasks, employment at IGN will keep you on your toes at all times. If you feel you fit some or all of these prerequisites and preferred skills, apply via email at the following address.
Send us a brief cover letter (less than 200 words), a resume and a game-related writing sample (approximately 300 words) to mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line stating which position you are applying for. Make sure to include a return email address, a physical home address, and a phone number so we can contact you.
If you're interested in learning about other employment opportunities at IGN Entertainment, be sure to check out our http://corp.ign.com/careers.html
Thanks to http://ps3.ign.com/articles/753/753703p1.html for sharing the news with us!