Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

No PSP On Planes?

From http://www.gizmodo.com/gadgets/portable-media/sony/no-psp-on-planes-109594.php:

Here is a story of one guy who was told to put his PSP away on an airplane cause of its supposed interference with the planes computer. Hmmm anyone else have this happen?

they say that when they first take off, with laptops, phone etc, but it really doesnt interfere that much

Smile

I've used my PSP with no problems.

But follow directions, during take offs and landings, shut off all electronic devices.

Turning off the wifi switch would be a safe idea too.

yes you can use the psp on a plane just don't use the wfi that's all

thats great to know, it would suck to not be able to use the psp on a plane

lol if wifi took out or messed up planes, terrorists would have a field day. would a bag full of devices that are just regular items that transmit signals, say a cell phone or two, psp with wifi on, laptop, palm pilot, etc, but all things on in a bag and turned on (thats totally legal in every way) mess up a plane to that degree?

lmao thats funny

its only for a few minutes, just ask the steward for some booze and then join her in the mile high club

Quote Originally Posted by octo
    its only for a few minutes, just ask the steward for some booze and then join her in the mile high club
    HAHA nice one!

Quote Originally Posted by inott
    no...im HIGHLY sure that anything in the 4.7ghz (wifi) spectrum would mess up any of the planes on board equipment.
    Sorry but im a internet tech and i can tell you there is'nt any common wifi that runs on 4.7Ghz. the most common is 802.11B/G and thats 2.4Ghz definatly NOT 4.7.
    also 5.7Ghz is common and 900Mhz for getting signal through solid objects.
    never used or seen any 4.7Ghz wifi myself but i guess it could exist.

and NO it(psp) wont cause interferance with normal operation of a plane even with wifi on, just follow rules and keep ALL electronics OFF during take off and landing. the ban on using mobile phones on a plane is fedral and i heard they are thinking of lifting that ban so you can use your phone on a plane. ive noticed they tell me i can use my phone right after the plane lands on the tarmac now.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast