Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

No Plans for More 3D Worms Games

Sponsored Links
    May 9, 2007 - UK developer Team17 has confirmed that it has no plans to create new 3D Worms titles, instead favouring to stick to the franchise's 2D roots.

Speaking to IGN, studio director Martyn Brown said: "We have no current plans for a fully 3D Worms game. Player response has indicated that fans of the series truly appreciate the 2D roots of this title, so we plan to continue delivering great gameplay experiences in this format."

Although there have been several 3D Worms titles - most recently Worms 4: Mayhem in 2005 - the classic destruction gameplay never seemed to work as well compared to 2D editions of the franchise.

Make sure you read IGN's [Register or Login to view links] with Brown, in which he talks about the upcoming [Register or Login to view links] and even chats briefly about classic Team17 mascot Superfrog.

Thanks to [Register or Login to view links] for sharing the news with us!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    That's exciting beyond belief. I've really been craving for a revival of the original worms format, or even just a 3d-like version of Worms that use the same "only move left or right" mechanics.

The last two (the 3D ones) really didn't deliver at all in my opinion. That and the fact that even though I bought them, they force me to install that stupid star force protection system make me not want to even put them on my computer.

Sponsored Links

Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News