Sponsored Links

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Another one, no group listed
    Soukyuu_no_Fafner_JAP-PSP

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    On the subject of being able to play pirated video games on a store bought system easily, and that being a detractor from people buying their games:

It seems nice to get free games. But then they will see that games aren't selling, and maybe, stop making them, or make less. The system will fail if it is too easy.

for instance, anyone remember the Dreamcast? I bought mine after the system was dead, but while I only knew about 15 people who had one, they all stopped buying games when that boot disc came around, because why would you buy something if you can get it for free.

I knew alot of PS1 owners with mod chips, but more people without. They didn't know where to go for their mod chips, and didn't want to risk losing their system. There were no risks with the DC. You could buy one and start playing copies. And everyone shared too.

Then if you had problems with a game, and emailed $ega about it, they would accuse you of copying.

Edit: So my point is that mass piracy hurts anyone who bought PSP. keyword there is mass, of course.
    Last edited by t3m3st; 06-10-2005 at 03:43 AM

Sponsored Links

Wink

Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by fifthcore
    Another one, no group listed
    Soukyuu_no_Fafner_JAP-PSP
    Thanks, I added it to our news post.

Quote Originally Posted by myxylplyx
    sorry to post this again, but I never got an answer before. If this loader surfaces and it is what we all assume it will be, will I be able to then run emulators on my (currently) 1.5 firmware PSP?
    We won't know for sure until it's released and we try it.

just waiting for the loader, and when they can change the bios to load all this games, I think this will open the doors to a lot of new types of apps, emulators, and others stuff to our psps. I cant imagine what good things they are planing to our small-big machine!

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by scotty2hotty
    ok i have a question..... if the 2 gig memcards are just now being released, how were the dumps that were over 2 gigs released? ive heard speculation about getting 2 gig ones, but never heard of anyone who actually had one
    There are many MS adaptors (check THIS Tutorial) that will allow you to run up to a 4GB stick from the PSP... the problem is, it will stick out past the PSP itself so they are not really as tiday and convenient like the real 2GB PSP Memory Sticks are.

Quote Originally Posted by myxylplyx
    sorry to post this again, but I never got an answer before. If this loader surfaces and it is what we all assume it will be, will I be able to then run emulators on my (currently) 1.5 firmware PSP?
    That seems to be the idea, yeah.

To be honest emulators are the main thing I would like to see run on the PSP, if retail games can be run off a mem stick that is just a bonus

Anyway a 2gb memory stick is really expensive, much more than buying loads of games. And the money is still going to sony....

I think people are blowing up too much with the anouncement of the UMD dumper and bios hack from Xecutor and what not coming out.
    Seriously, what percentage of the population of the world that owns a PSP is aware of these exploits? 5%, max?
    And what percentage condone piracy? Less. And what percentage know where to find these bootleg UMD isos? Even less, again. And of that small percentage, what percentage is willing to go out and buy a 2gb memorystick (about $450 right now) just so they can play a game without paying for it? A game that they can buy for a tenth of the price
    Sure once they buy 10 games that are over 1gb they've made their money's back... but even so, the deal over this is a little too heated.
    Just my two yen

Sponsored Links

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News