Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Need help from UMDGen author

Sponsored Links
    I'm a programmer, i started developping a PSP related tool for Windows. But i need to achieve a thing that UMDGen does, but i'm unable to find any source for "how to do it" on the net.

I'd like to be able to extract info about any UMD from the param.sfo file. I already know how to parse a SFO file, how to extract files from an uncompressed iso file, but i can't do the same on a ciso or on a dax... I could actually uncompress a whole CSO or DAX to an uncompressed ISO and then extract the param.sfo from that ISO, but well, that just wouldn't scale.

I wondered if UMDGen author would share part of his sources? All i need is a method/lib to pass a file or filename, and have the param.sfo extracted. :??

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    It's not too difficult to do.
    1. Create a function to decompress only the header of the dax/cso image.
    2. Find the LBA of the param.sfo file reading the decompressed header.
    3. Decompress only the sector @ said LBA and save to file as param.sfo.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by UMDGen View Post
    It's not too difficult to do.
    1. Create a function to decompress only the header of the dax/cso image.
    2. Find the LBA of the param.sfo file reading the decompressed header.
    3. Decompress only the sector @ said LBA and save to file as param.sfo.
    Hi, I know this is a very old post, but I wanna know how this works.
    I'm planing a umdgen-like software for linux, and want to know how can I decompress cso header, find LBA and decompress its sector.

Thx

Just so you're aware, the UMDGen author is away from things for the time being (due to real-life stuff) and he hasn't even logged in since June 20, 2007... so I wouldn't expect a reply anytime soon is all.

Once life catches up and he gets back in the loop with some freetime I'm sure he'll let us know and resume answering posts, etc here though.

Sponsored Links

Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News