Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Thread: Memory Stick

Sponsored Links

Memory Stick

Sponsored Links
    My brother has a 256mb sandisc memory stick in his digital camera but doen't need it anymore. I tried to put it in my psp but it didn't fit.
    What ones are useable for the psp?

Thx

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Memory Stick Duo and Memory Stick PRO Duo, as from pages 110 and 111 of the [Register or Login to view links].

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Why would one use the "Magic Gate" Memory Stick Duo as opposed to the standard Memory Stick Duo? I ask because I notice that they are both compatible to the psp as stated in the instruction manual...
    Last edited by ILLPLEASA; 06-08-2005 at 09:23 PM

ok thanks. I'm kind of new to psp. I guess I can't use the digital camera one. I want a bigger size one anyway. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ILLPLEASA
    Why would one use the "Magic Gate" Memory Stick Duo as opposed to the standard Memory Stick Duo? I ask because I notice that they are both compatible to the psp as stated in the instruction manual...
    The best reason I could think of would be for support of ATRAC3plus and ATRAC3 music files. These music formats can only be used on a MagicGate-enabled Memory Stick Duo, and not a Memory Stick PRO Duo. If you look at page 67 under "Importing tracks from an audio CD in ATRAC3plus format":
    ATRAC3plus data cannot be played or recorded using Memory Stick PRO Duo. Use any Memory Stick Duo that supports MagicGate other than Memory Stick PRO Duo.

Quote Originally Posted by JCWohlschlag
    The best reason I could think of would be for support of ATRAC3plus and ATRAC3 music files. These music formats can only be used on a MagicGate-enabled Memory Stick Duo, and not a Memory Stick PRO Duo. If you look at page 67 under "Importing tracks from an audio CD in ATRAC3plus format":
    Thanks for clearing that up! I appreciate it!

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News