Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

MacGyvering a new power switch...

Sponsored Links
    My PSP got knocked out of my hands on the bus today by some kid trying to steal it. It hit the floor pretty hard (so did the kid) and I collected the PSP, battery and battery cover, which had popped out, and got off the bus, since it was my stop.

Later I noticed that my power switch is gone. I can turn the PSP on with a pen by pulling the switch to the side inside. Does anyone have any idea what I might be able to use as a power switch? I'll post a pic later, but right now I'm thinking bent paperclip. I don't want to open my psp up either, not to confident I could put it back together... I have it under warrantee, but this is a 1.5, and pretty exclusively play emulators on it, so I don't wanna lose that because of this.

Thanks for your help.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Get this kid, and you have your powerswitch^^

"What can i do for you master?"

"Turn my psp on."

"Its a pleasure to serve you master"

"Shut up"

"As your wish"

"AAARGGHHH TURN MY DAMN PSP ON AND GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE"

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    You can always try looking on your bus for the power switch. They never clean school buses.

First time poster, Long timer reader.

I just had to comment after reading this post. You are suprisingly calm for having your PSP damaged.

I agree with the second post get that "wannabe bully" to be your PSP Master, LoL.

Deepest Sympathy. I would say go to the school since what happens on the bus is under their jurisdiction and get them to make him buy you a new one. Although that doesn't help to keep your PSP at 1.5. Again Sorry

well, i'm not sure if it will be much help, but much the same thing happened to me, except i'm just clumsy and i dropped the psp on my basment (concrete of course) floor, directly on the power switch. i don't know if you've taken it apart yet, but on the power switch you'll see that there is (was) the little plastic tab that sticks out from the switch, which in my case, is what snapped off. you could slide the exterior switch, but there was nothing for it to grab onto.

what i did was to drill a VERY tiny hole right where that plastic tab had snapped off the switch, (radio shack micro drill set, i think it's like 15 bucks, comes with a aluminum round drill handle/case) and then cut a small peice of the drill bit off the back of the bit, making a little steel pin, and glue it with a TINY dab of crazy glue into the hole,replacing the plastic tab. this was about 2 1/2 months ago, and it's held up fine since then.

the switch is pretty damn delicate, and it's tricky to fix, as i found out the hard way, but try if u feel up to it- it did work for me.

See if someone online has a broken PSP (through testing or whatever) and wouldn't mind sending/selling you a power button.

Or you could just ask Sony to send you one - refuse to send it to them!

[Register or Login to view links]
    You can order replacement parts of all kinds for psp by going here, I didn't see the plastic power switch piece specifically, but if you email the owner of the site, he might be able to work something out with you.

Thanks guys. It's really important I don't send it in, because I've read stories of people getting it back with the latest firmware. I'll check out the site.

Quote Originally Posted by BrettCrawford
    Deepest Sympathy. I would say go to the school since what happens on the bus is under their jurisdiction and get them to make him buy you a new one. Although that doesn't help to keep your PSP at 1.5. Again Sorry
    When I was in highschool (last year), electronic devices were prohibited, especially gaming systems. No need for self incrimination there.

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News