Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Libtiff Exploit for PlayStation Portable Firmware 5.50 Found!

Sponsored Links
    It appears once exploit fever hits, it washes over everyone completely and utterly.

Following the ChickHEN 5.03 exploit from the other day, PSP homebrew developer [Register or Login to view links] of Wagic: The Gathering fame has now found a Libtiff Exploit for FW 5.50!

Download: [Register or Login to view links]

Want proof? Here, we'll give you not just one, but two videos showing wololo's exploit crash in action:

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links
    This just locks it up, not putting it into HEN mode? don't think much will come of this.. but its good that people are actively attempting to break the PSP.

Sponsored Links

Lightbulb

Sponsored Links
    You could be right... I can't recall if the old PSP LibTIFF exploits initially just caused it to lock up (as a PoC) and then developers used them to run code or not.

I guess time will tell for sure..

This also freezes the PS3

^ Title says it.

If you put on stick and copy it over, ps3 will freeze.

Edit: After restarting the PS3, the picture was copied over but was unsupported.
    Last edited by zomgheals; 05-12-2009 at 11:59 PM

Interesting..

The comment above mine about the PS3 - maybe there is a image type that will cause the PS3 to go into a HEN mode? that would wicked.. but i know i'm dreaming now.

Edit: [Register or Login to view links]

Libtiff crash on 5.50?
    May 13, 2009
    I saw today a buzz on various websites about a youtube video showing a tiff file crashing OFW 5.50, apparently a file created by me.

I am not directly related to this video.

I haven’t looked at the file yet, but it is possible that this is an OLD file I created a while ago and which has proven to be unexploitable beyond firmware 4.20. See here and here (note how old these posts are)

There is also a possibility that someone else found a crash and decided to use my name in the file for some reason, but I find this highly unlikely.

So my official statement right now is the following: Not a fake, not an exploit, just a crash

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News