Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Koller: PSP-3000 Battery Life Equal to Previous Model

Sponsored Links
    Earlier last week, Sony Computer Entertainment America marketing head John Koller revealed during a interview that the battery life of the PSP-3000 would be reduced by around 20-30 minutes due to the larger power draw of the handheld’s brighter screen.

Despite this, Koller issued a clarification statement on the official PlayStation Blog today, reassuring consumers that the PSP-3000 model will have "equivalent battery life to the current PSP," which equates to 4 to 6 hours for games and around 4 to 5 hours for UMD videos.

The enhanced screen does consume more battery juice, but according to Koller, Sony’s engineers have managed to reduce power consumption of other system parts, making it all even out.

To quote: Hi, everyone, there have been reports about the battery life of the new PSP system (PSP-3000) being shorter than the current model (PSP-2000), following an interview we recently did with [Register or Login to view links]. I’d like to make a correction and clarify that the new PSP will have equivalent battery life to the current PSP, about 4 to 6 hours for games and about 4 to 5 hours for UMD videos.

While the enhanced screen of the new PSP draws a little more power, our engineers in Japan worked to reduce the power consumption of the overall system including its components, so you won’t have to worry about losing any time when enjoying the more vibrant visuals displayed with the new PSP.

We hope this clears everything up, and we’re certainly excited about letting you all get your hands on the new PSP and checking out the enhanced screen when it hits retail next month. More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    i hope so that the battery life is already the same as the previous psp model. I dont think that i buy a new one. 4 or 5 hours for watching UMD Videos is very very low for this time and there much new technology. I hope so that the 4000 PSP have much more battery life than the older versions.

Sponsored Links

Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News