Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

How about a PC / DOS emulator?

Sponsored Links
    I'm wondering if there is a PC or DOS emulator for the PSP. That would be awesome. I would whip out my Star Control II and never go to work again. lol

Sponsored Links
    why would you want a pc emulator

you know what I mean. to be more clear, could anyone make dos load on a psp?

Star Control was on a console, Genesis, way back in 1991. I guess I could live with that for now. Star Control II was PC (DOS) only. Definately one of the classics. Give it a chance if you get a hold of a copy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninkul
    I mean, look at windows 95 on a high-end mac, it runs slowly (last time i saw it anyways).
    Windows 95 runs slowly on a high-end anything.

DOSBox is open-source, someone can port that. It will be slow, but it will be DOS haha

Not sure about the other games mentioned, but I was playing Star Control II on a 286 with 8mb of RAM and DOS installed.

I would think the PSP could handle that. If only I new how to write these darn programs I would give it a try. PSP port of DOS would be nice.

most worthy pc games are ported in a wrapper which allows them to run without a front end for emulation. It takes a lot of resource to emulate a pc emulating a game, therefore we go straight to the game

DOS Box has been emulated for the Pocket PC PDAs and I've seen old DOS game running on it, so I'm sure we wouldn't be wrong to assume a PSP version is very possible.

Also, using another emulator called BOCHS, you can run Windows 95 in it. I did that on my Pocket PC but it was VERY SLOW (although possible!). Quite cool to see Windows running on a tiny iPAQ 4150. :-)

Sponsored Links
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News