Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    You wont regret getting the psp its great, and another thing that 256 might not be enough for all backups, but will be fine for movies and mp3.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    You can try buying a used one from a game store so you can see that it is a 1.5 version firmware first. It'll also save you about $50, that's what my girlfriend did. Or you could try to get one from Target and save 10% by signing up for a credit card there. You don't actually have to use the card, you just have to sign up. Just suggesting this since it sounds like you're on a tight budget.

-Matt

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    its late and i just woke up in the middle of the night thinking bout this psp. I cant wait to get it now. does it have to be a 1.5 version?

To be able to run homebrew it needs to be a 1.5. Anything higher doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by seminolecounty
    its late and i just woke up in the middle of the night thinking bout this psp. I cant wait to get it now. does it have to be a 1.5 version?
    I was doing the same thing. And that was like, 2 days before PsP-Dev announced swaploit.

ok its finally morning, im gonna go to wal mart to get it. Where do i have to look to find out its 1.5? do i ask the lady or something? Or does it say somewhere on the box? (i know its a stupid question, but i dont want to purchase the wrong one)

ok its finally morning, im gonna go to wal mart to get it. Where do i have to look to find out its 1.5? do i ask the lady or something? Or does it say somewhere on the box? (i know its a stupid question, but i dont want to purchase the wrong one)
    Check out the PSP FW Identifier Based on Box thread.

MAKE ABSOLUTELY SURE thats its a 1.0 or a 1.50 (1.5 same thing) firmware version or else you wont be able to run ripped umds or emulators or things like that. if you are buying it from walmart chances are its not a 1.0 or 1.5, its a 1.51 or a 1.52. if u get one of them you are SOL for now, until they find out how to run homebrew off of them (which can take months, but it'l happen eventually).

and the psp was worth every penny. i probobly would have paid more for it at the time if i had known the dev community would have modded the CPU (or brains ) out of it already.

have fun and welcome to the community!

ok i just bought it. I didnt see any letters on the box so i just took and chance. Now how can i tell if its a 1.5?

ok i just bought it. I didnt see any letters on the box so i just took and chance. Now how can i tell if its a 1.5?
    Go to System Settings, click X then go all the way down to System Infromation. Click X and it should say System Software: Version 1.50 if you have a 1.5 PSP.

Sponsored Links
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News