Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Help fixing problem with memory card catch on PSP

Sponsored Links
    I bought a new memory card yesterday for my psp (US one) and it was a bit tight going in. Foolishly, I forced it in and it was then stuck (later investigation revealed that the case was not properly closed hence it was too tight).

I managed to get it out finally but seem to have damaged the locking machanism for holding the card in 'cause now when I put my old card in, it goes in and the spring mechanism still works but it does not lock in place - pushes the card out as soon as I remove my hand. Otherwise, still reads the card fine.

Can anyone suggest how might fix this without taking the whole PSP apart (something which i do not relish). As a temporary fix, I have used a bit of bluetack to hold it in but would prefer a more permanent fix if possible. Another option I considered was somehow removing or breaking the spring so it is not urged out but don;t think I can get in to it to do that.

Any suggestions?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    The problem was that the memory card itself was nackered so would neither press in or out. I have used other cards and know how the mechanism is operated! Since I bought it in the US and am in the UK, a bit difficult to send it for repair.

Sponsored Links
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News