Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Fried 1 gig San Disk stick?

Sponsored Links
    Hey guys, I've searched through the forum to find a topic on this for a friend, but to no avail so I'm going to ask here. If this topic has been brought up before, feel free to move this topic to the appropriate area.

Well, here's the situation. The guy has a PSP w/1.5 firmware and was attempting the swap trick. After a working first attempt, his second attempt has now relegated his PSP to not reading his 1gig stick. He's actually pretty infuriated over this and I'm just trying to find out if there's any information regarding this, or if there is, then what someone would advise him to do.

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by MrWhitefolks
    Hey guys, I've searched through the forum to find a topic on this for a friend, but to no avail so I'm going to ask here. If this topic has been brought up before, feel free to move this topic to the appropriate area.

Well, here's the situation. The guy has a PSP w/1.5 firmware and was attempting the swap trick. After a working first attempt, his second attempt has now relegated his PSP to not reading his 1gig stick. He's actually pretty infuriated over this and I'm just trying to find out if there's any information regarding this, or if there is, then what someone would advise him to do.

Thanks in advance
    I had a similar problem with my 1GB Sandisk stick and neither my PC or PSP would recognize the stick. This happened after my PC was writing to the stick and my PC locked up in the middle of writing. After that I could not format it or anything. The PC would start to read the stick and then start over attempting to read it and this would go on in an endless loop. I had to send back to Sandisk for replacement.

Others have suggested that you use smaller, less expensive sticks when doing the swap so that if the stick is somehow ruined, your wallet will not take a big hit. I think this is sound advice untill the problem is more fully understood.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    cool, i forward the info to him (i havent picked up a psp/stick yet due to reports of this happening while using homebrew apps).

yeah there really needs to be a new way to boot homebrew because of these dangers. i will be mad if even my 32 meg stick fries because i will have to replace it, no matter how expensive it is... it'l just be a pain

I don't know if this will solve the problem, but I'm gonna try to help if I can.

I'm a Mac/PC user, so to let my PC read Mac volumes, I had to install a program called Macdrive. It lets you format disks to Mac file formats, as well as recognizing them.

So I had an SD card that was removed abruptly without first ejecting my SD card from the OS. It stopped functioning in my camera/card reader/pocket pc etc. The general concensus was that I had "fried" it. I could see it in windows, couldnt see it in osx, but could not access or format it in windows. I tried using macdrive to format the card, and it worked. I was then able to store data etc. on the card, and have been for half a year.

If you can somehow get your hands on this program, MacDrive (I used version 5), someone with a dead stick should attempt to ressurect it.

hope I helped

yeah same here ive played a little but i dont want to constantly be swapping with the chance that i corrupt the ms and make it unusable possibly

i usually use the NES emulator, so i just put the psp in sleep mode, that way i just turn it on and play...

id have to agree i have also been putting off on getting a 1gig stick my self since the swap method is still in early development and with my luck i would end up fryin my stick aswell. i have had a similar problem with a pen drive that had gone corrupt and i fixed it with a similar method as t3m3st used. i wish you the best of luck getting it fixed or a new replacement.

Sponsored Links
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News