Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Free Undead Knights PSP Demo Contained Full Game

Sponsored Links
    According to both ratboy3124 on our boards HERE and GameSpot (linked above) it appears Sony mistakenly released the full version of Undead Knights for PSP instead of the demo for free!

Although GameSpot claims it's been pulled from the PS Store, it appears the download link is still working at the time of this writing... so leech away while you can guys! :)

To quote: "Earlier today, Sony launched the UMD-less PSP Go and added over 100 downloadable titles to the PlayStation Store. One more title could have been on that list, as a "demo" of Tecmo's Undead Knights included in the early morning update apparently included the full version of the game instead.

The 486MB download has since been pulled from the online storefront, but not before GameSpot was able to get it. The downloaded game gives no indication that it is limited in any way, with full access to all menu options, a working save function, customizable characters, and multiple playable chapters."

Free Undead Knights PSP Demo Contained Full Game

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    How is a .pkg file supposed to run on a PSP?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Awsome, but excuse my ignorance, how do we install the file you linked to?

its a .pkg file... how do we go about installing it on the psp so its playable?

Im new to the whole psp thing, i have an older model not the pspgo.

Quote Originally Posted by dvdesign View Post
    Awsome, but excuse my ignorance, how do we install the file you linked to?

its a .pkg file... how do we go about installing it on the psp so its playable?

Im new to the whole psp thing, i have an older model not the pspgo.
    I asked here as well since google turned up nothing.

That's a good question... I'm not sure if it's even possible to run on a PSP, unless there is a way to download it from a PSP (as if it was still listed in the PS Store).

If anyone here has a PSP and knows for sure, feel free to reply... I sold my PSP over 2 years back so I don't know if there is any "PSP Proxy" type app to download files such as this to the PSP to "install" them.

Quote Originally Posted by PS3 News View Post
    That's a good question... I'm not sure if it's even possible to run on a PSP, unless there is a way to download it from a PSP (as if it was still listed in the PS Store).

If anyone here has a PSP and knows for sure, feel free to reply... I sold my PSP over 2 years back so I don't know if there is any "PSP Proxy" type app to download files such as this to the PSP to "install" them.
    I'm sure there is a way or will be a way to use the file on a PSP which has custom firmware. For now I guess I'll play the waiting game...

Indeed, I don't really 'follow' PSP advancements these days (too wrapped up in PS3 stuff) but I imagine by now with all the Custom Firmwares and PSP hacks there has to be a way since the PSP (at least the older ones) are already unlocked/wide open.

I'm sure if someone figures it out they will post on it though... and I will +Rep them for helping out of course!

PS: Maybe the answer will be to just wait for an "ISO" release of the full game, or a version that is already modded to work with the current PSP back-up loading methods.

Yea im not too sure how the ps works, what security the games have and such...

Is it even possible to use the .pkg file that was linked to? If anyone could shed some light on this itd be awsome to know if i can install it. Currently im using the official firmware on the psp... but im not against trying a well known homebrew.

Quote Originally Posted by PS3 News View Post
    PS: Maybe the answer will be to just wait for an "ISO" release of the full game, or a version that is already modded to work with the current PSP back-up loading methods.
    In that case no waiting would be necessary considering it can already be found, I just checked, lol.

But I thought this "demo" would be interesting if the .pkg file could be used on official firmware for those who use that. From what I heard when it's downloaded from the PS Network it installs it along with a license. The link provides the file but it probably lacks whatever the license is, that's why if there is a method to use it, it may only work on custom firmware.

Ahh hehe.. no wonder most PSP people probably don't care about this then, it makes sense now.

If the ISO is already in circulation and playable, then why bother with a PKG file, eh?

This just goes to show how "out of the loop" I am with the PSP scene these days.

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News