July 8, 2007 - Square Enix recently announced that its highly anticipated PSP remake of the PlayStation classic Final Fantasy Tactics will be arriving in Europe and PAL territories in October. Titled Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions, the game is looking stunning, combining deep turn-based battle mechanics with a politically charged, epic storyline.
A few bullet-points, direct from our friends at Square Enix:
- Final Fantasy turns tactical. Experience strategic, turn-based combat on 3D battlefields brought to life with breathtaking art and stunning visual effects
- Customize your characters - with 22 jobs and over 400 abilities to choose from, the tactical options open to you in combat are nearly endless
- Uncover secret truths hidden within a gripping tale of intrigue, betrayal, heresy, love and heroism
- Recruit legendary Square Enix characters to your party, including Balthier from Final Fantasy XII and Cloud from Final Fantasy VII
- Watch key scenes unfold through gorgeous, cutting-edge animation
- Immerse yourself in a captivating audio score from Hitoshi Sakimoto the composer of Final Fantasy XII
- Fight against your friends in wireless melee, or team up with them for co-op missions
As with previous Square Enix handheld releases, the Australian date is generally quite close to the European date, so while we don't yet have specific confirmation that Australia has been included in the 'PAL' announcement, it's highly likely that the game will also hit Australia in October. We should be able to confirm that later in the week so stay tuned! Be sure to click through to the media page to check out all 20 of the new screenshots.
Thanks to http://psp.ign.com/articles/802/802285p1.html for sharing the news with us!