Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Exclamation European PSP Firmware Version Confirmed

Sponsored Links
    When the PSP will gracefully reach Europe on the 1st of September, it will be using the latest 2.0 Firmware. Quoted here:

"European consumers who have waited for the PSP are being rewarded for their patience, because the latest models will incorporate Sony's recently-announced 2.0 firmware upgrade. This addition adds a Web browser, the ability to transfer digital still photos between PSPs through a wireless connection, support for more image formats (TIFF, BMP, GIF, PNG) and support for two additional music audio formats, WAV and AAC. Also, the new PSPs will allow video downloading in the MPEG4 AVC format, providing a platform for Web-based vendors to offer TV shows and other content."

So I hope that clears up any further posts on this topic. And for the questions regarding whether the PAL PSPs will play homebrew/iso's is atm unlikely, unless someone releases a homebrew loader/iso's for the 2.0 firmware. Atm, there hasnt been one for the 1.52, let alone the 2.0, so keep your fingers crossed.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    thanks for that news, ive tried 2.0 and it isnt all that bad, actually pretty decent, but imo its not enough to warrant an update. wish sony would let us enjoy the best of both worlds cause i want a decent web browser and my usual homebrew.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I'm in Australia and PSP's come out here on Sept 1 aswell, but we're only getting 1.52 firmware. Strange!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Yeah, but i hear in Australia, that the version 2.0 firmware will be on the demo disc that comes with the PSP.

PAL is the 50hz European video standard, to be contrasted with the 60hz NTSC standard. PAL offers more lines of resolution, but the screen flickers horribly from the decreased refreshed rate.

As the PSP has the same screen worldwide, it makes no sense to use the PAL designation. Instead, European releases should just be "EUR".

Quote Originally Posted by deluxe
    As the PSP has the same screen worldwide, it makes no sense to use the PAL designation. Instead, European releases should just be "EUR".
    Agreedů and changed.

Yea i checked up on it too, Sony centrals stock in Australia of Sony PSP units will be 1.52! 2.00 on a demo disc is unknown tho although the Sony employees didn't mention anything about 2.00 firmware.

Australian PSP firmware

Quote Originally Posted by pracola
    Yea i checked up on it too, Sony centrals stock in Australia of Sony PSP units will be 1.52! 2.00 on a demo disc is unknown tho although the Sony employees didn't mention anything about 2.00 firmware.
    Check out [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links]

Comes up with info about firmware 2.0 and the browser, I'm still thinking it'll be 2.0 @ release. Should have asked them last night @ the retailer Night.

-BEll0

regardless of which firmware version it is, it wont be homebrew capable which is unfortunate.

confirmation of uk firmware

I work for a big uk company who have had PSP'S arrive. I just want to confirm firmware is indeed v2.00.

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News