Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Eek Euro PSP downgrade method?!

Sponsored Links
    I read about this and also some people on IRC said they can confirm it works too!!

The Euro PSP comes with 1.52fw and a 2.0fw upgrade disc so I put in the disc and started the upgrade, and at the point where it said "make sure the PSP is plugged into an AC adaptor" (do not plug it in before this point) is the last point at which you can cancel the upgrade. Anyway, before I continued I removed the disc and inserted the Midnight Club 3 (US Version with v1.50fw, as the Euro has v1.52fw on it) disc and then continued. Being that it had already bypassed the version check it continued to load the firmware thinking that it was the 2.0. Now I know that this works because I tried it on three of my friends PSPs all 1.51 I tried it on mine first so I wouldn't damage theirs.. and all of us can run homebrew now! I am guessing that this will only work on 1.5x versions seeing as how you can't use the 2.0 disc to upgrade one with 2.0 already on it.

Good luck to anyone who wants to try it! (risk your PSP, but others say it works fine so up to you)

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    This information has been surfacing and it does sound feasible, but if I recall correctly once the UMD is removed the PSP errors out. This may be a timing issue, but if firmware update has started before you swap you could in fact break your PSP if it errors out.

Sponsored Links

PS3 Triangle Button

Sponsored Links
    I wonder if anyone tried this method and swapping with the UMD switch sensor bypassed (pic attached below)... of course I have a 1.50 so even if it worked, it wouldn't be of any use here to test.

I wouldn't read too much into this unless someone can confirm it here with more specific details.
    Attached Thumbnails<br><br> Attached Thumbnails

UMD_Switch.jpg  

it come up with an error saying the disk has been ejected. have not tried taping down the sensor... yet.

I own a 1.52 version and tony hawks EUR version, which contains 1.50 fw upgrade, i could test it, but i wont do it if is going to break my psp.

There is any real success report using this trick? Also would sony replace damaged psp by firmware upgrading, supposing it was broken updating to official 2.00?

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by turulo
    I own a 1.52 version and tony hawks EUR version, which contains 1.50 fw upgrade, i could test it, but i wont do it if is going to break my psp.

There is any real success report using this trick? Also would sony replace damaged psp by firmware upgrading, supposing it was broken updating to official 2.00?
    Ya, unless you think you can return your PSP (for example, if you just got it and went back to the store saying you ran the "update disc mentioned on the box notice" and the PSP didn't work thereafter) I wouldn't risk it on this method...

Dont Try It.. It Does Not Work. You Will Break Your PSP!

More than 3 people reported me, that fw upgrade stops at 2%, and psp gets powered down, but it still works, it didnt broke.

any one more could confirm this?

don't do the lid sensor, the original instructions above say to leave the ac adapter unplugged then when it says you must plug it in, eject and put the disc in with the 1.5 update.

When i stated break you PSP, I should had mentioned MAY.

From what I understand of method is:

EUR PSP with 1.52 out of box, with 2.0 upgrade UMD. Start update then swap with game that has UPDATE to 1.5.

Now seeing as the MS swap is not working (2.0 update swapped with MS with 1. 5) I beg to wonder if timing is factor in how and if this EUR rumour is true. Or could it be possible that some EUR PSP had 1.5 firmware on them instead of 1.52?

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News