Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by uneasy View Post
    I dont understand why Wi-Fi should be slow for this, my router says 54mbps, I think thats almost as fast as USB. At least I ran speed tests of USB HDD vs. 100Mb network, and speed was very similar.
    Hey, it doesnt matter how fast your router is. The PSP is the restriction with its 11mbps max wifi capability..

I Have Been Using DVDs to store my ISOs and have not had any problems.
    I have a Dell computer with plextor dvd drive.

Stick Out Tongue Streaming movies

Has anyone here stream movies using wifi and psp homebrew pimpstreamer or pmp vlc and how fast is the movie
    (quality, speed, lag)?

I was thinking of get a wireless router and need to know.
    Also is there any other uses for the wireless router for the psp or other reasons?
    Last edited by madmax2; 08-09-2006 at 01:32 AM

The PSP is the restriction with its 11mbps max wifi capability
    Still, I think 11mbps its fast enough for iso streaming, but maybe the program (nethostfs) is not optimised and wont provide the nessesary bandwidth.

Has anyone here stream movies using wifi
    I use pimpstreamer. It was very laggy in the early days of development, but now its almost perfect. Almost - because you still gotta use high compression settings and mpeg artefacts are visible during playback.

Also is there any other uses for the wireless router
    Internet browsing with PSP. Ad hoc gaming via the internet (only limited number of router models are supported). Use PSP as a joystick for PC (kinda pricey ) Control a PC remotely with VNC. Transfer files to PSP without a cable...

Probably others as well

Yes the wifi use for devhook

i yeat use the usb cable to play, normally is to short. and we can move the psp where we want ... need be connected to the pc

if some day are the possibility to run the devhook via wifi it be great!

ya its possible ive tried. make a data disk with nero (dvd) then copy the paste of usbhost. then in the iso paste put there all games that you want to play with de dvd. next after burning run your dvd and run usbhost.exe, the plug your psp with devhook 0.45 and in usb put enable. after chose your iso and u ill see your games in dvd and play.

Quote Originally Posted by batrakia View Post
    ya its possible ive tried. make a data disk with nero (dvd) then copy the paste of usbhost. then in the iso paste put there all games that you want to play with de dvd. next after burning run your dvd and run usbhost.exe, the plug your psp with devhook 0.45 and in usb put enable. after chose your iso and u ill see your games in dvd and play.
    Ooooooooo excellent! Never thought to try that! Thanks for confirming it works, gonna put all my backups in one or two dvds and try it out.

Big Grin

Quote Originally Posted by madmax2 View Post
    Has anyone here stream movies using wifi and psp homebrew pimpstreamer or pmp vlc and how fast is the movie
    (quality, speed, lag)?
    mmmm ya asked in the wrong thread, I think there is another thread regarding Pimpstreamer somewhere, but I'm a big fan of Pimpstreamer and I LOVE this app! So...

I stream all my movies using bitrate settings of 600 for video and 64 for audio, no problems at all, quality is excellent.

You can also pause the movie and reset the bitrates from your psp and find out which values work the best for you. Press triangle to pause it, then press select and use D pad up/down for video bitrate and left/right for audio. Then press select again, and press X to continue movie where you left off.

Quote Originally Posted by madmax2 View Post
    I was thinking of get a wireless router and need to know. Also is there any other uses for the wireless router for the psp or other reasons?
    Ummm, getting a wireless router is the best thing for your psp ever! How bout infrastructure multiplayer, watch movies, surf the web etc. while taking a poop?

Toggle USB Flash 2-3 Special System

What does this new prog do? I ran it to see and now my psp doesn't turn back on. No screen, just the backlight.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12