Dev: MotorStorm: Arctic Edge Will Significantly Push Sony's PSP

Motorstorm: Arctic Edge will significantly push the PSP's hardware according to BigBig, but the dev says we still haven't seen everything Sony's handheld is capable of.

To quote: "MotorStorm: Arctic Edge really does push the machine," game director Richard Ogden told NowGamer. "We've got more physics and damage and destruction going on than most other games on the system.

As to whether there's more that can be squeezed out; most definitely. We've been working with the hardware now for a good few years and we're still finding ways that we can squeeze more out of it."

Ogden also told us that Arctic Edge will bring the "full Motorstorm experience" to the PSP, despite the hardware disparity between Sony's handheld and its PS3 big brother.

"As long as you take a sensible view on what you're trying to achieve then there aren't really any major constraints when translating a PS3 game to PSP," he said.

"The main area to deal with is the graphics and visuals - we have to use lower resolution textures and less polygons in our models, but in such a way that it’s still going to look great on the small screen. Really, nothing else needs to be compromised that much, at least not in the player’s perception of the final product."

More PlayStation 3 News...

and it will suck just as bad as its previous editions on the PS3 lol

Quote Originally Posted by JeffJ View Post
    and it will suck just as bad as its previous editions on the PS3 lol
    Take your meds and relax dude.

Motorstorm 2 is the BEST offroad racing ever made. That's all there is to it. Gran Turismo 5 is the best realistic racing. That's it. Points made. And dumb people should be put in jail.

Quote Originally Posted by sharks View Post

Motorstorm 2 is the BEST offroad racing ever made. That's all there is to it. Gran Turismo 5 is the best realistic racing. That's it. Points made. And dumb people should be put in jail.
    no Dirt is the best off road racing game ever made. Motor Storm is a sad excuse for a racing game. that was thrown together with haste. its not like i havnt played them i won them and they suck lol

Seems like my psp is coming back to life. Can't wait to see this.

Quote Originally Posted by sharks View Post

Gran Turismo 5 isnt at all realistic, if you want realism get GTR2 on PC, or Ferrari Challenge on PS3 now there realistic.

Prob the first game I'll buy for my psp since like 1 1/2 years ago, I haven't got much use out of my psp until lately. If the graphics are anything close to that picture(which I know they are never) then it will be pretty good. I liked this game on the PS3, and I love the fact that they are going to push the PSP to the edge on this one. I will look forward to this game.