Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Changing PSP console ID

Sponsored Links
    I got a PSP for my daughter but Sony said its been used with 64 users and it wont activate so I cant download any games for her on it.
    Is there a way to change the console ID so I can activate it?

I do have another motherboard for it but I didn't want to replace it unless I have to and its looking like if I cant change the console ID some other way then this is the only change we have of activating the console.

It's a phat 1000 with 6.60CFW currently and I have NAND backups.

I'm thinking as its been unbricked before using pandora that might've changed the console ID to a common one so everyone that has unbricked their PSP would have the same console ID.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Umm... I'm not to sure about PSPs and Console IDs... BUT Sony bans PSPs by MAC addresses and if you change the MAC address you should be able to use it.

Or just deactivate the account if it's on any other PSPs.

There is a MAC address changer but it's kidna risky

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    The console isn't banned, they said its been activated by more than 64 users thats the error and why its not activating now.

They said as the console is saying its been activated by more then 64 users then its a brick as it can no longer be activated and to get a new one.

BTW I have changed the MAC a few times using DCv8 (or whatever its called) and still didn't work.

I think I will just swap the motherboard over and hope that one will work as I think its bricked atm so I will have to unbrick it and thats how this mess started.
    Last edited by StanSmith; 07-19-2012 at 05:57 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Well activation is through PSN so I don't see why you still couldn't use it... I'm not a fan of piracy but PSP is dead so it doesn't have much of an effect but it's an option.

To download games from the PSN it has to be activated and it fails so we cant download anything from PSN and we have a few games there.

As they say it can no longer be activated the only choice we have is piracy.

i'm amazed sony let the limit be 64 users. i thought it would be 10 max.. seriously that is ridiculous imo. i can't see why there would be so many accounts made on it. but i have no idea about psps so.. do you know if the ps3 account limit is also 64? LOL

i take it you can't delete previous users or anything.

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News