Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Broken PSP and PSP Disassembly

Sponsored Links
    i was at my friends bday party today (yesterday) whatever doesnt matter, to pissed to even think right now... say that somebody i know... had a psp in their pocket... and they fell inside the inground 10 foot deep pool... and like their psp got in the pool with them lol.

Are they screwed forever? cuz of the 1.5 version and like... will it never work again? it was playin mind games with them... it would come on now n then so i know the battery isnt fried. i mean he thinks that it still works just needs to dry, anything he should do?

it comes on now n then... like the screen lit up with my personal background and everything... and thank god my.. his gig stick still works lol... there was a bunch of kids with psp's there so we tried the battery and the gig stick so they all work including the umd that fell in the pool... so what are your thoughts on this?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    so there is hope? lol

and i only found one screw to take out .. is there more?

btw the screen comes on and my videos work and music so i know it isnt dead forever...

but the x button is confused... it works wen i push the power switch n crap...

so yah...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by veloc1ty
    A guide on PSP disassembly can be found here.

Quote Originally Posted by veloc1ty
    so there is hope? lol

btw the screen comes on and my videos work and music so i know it isnt dead forever...

but the x button is confused... it works wen i push the power switch n crap...

so yah...
    You shouldnt have turned it on with water in there. leave it off until its totally dry, then turn it on. if it went in water while switched off, and you didnt turn it back on until its dry, there shouldnt be any problem...

but since you switched it on with water in there you could have started to fry things... the X buttons a sign of this... dont mess around with it anymore until its dry... i suspect its already to late tho, but good luck!

[Register or Login to view links]
    Its a repair manual for water-wrecked cell phones. Schould work for psp too i think, you should try it.

If you dont understand german, use babelfish.com or somewhat similar.

Brg, Denab

eightsix00 is right, unfourtunatly for you water is the perfect conduct so be patient for a few days (even weeks) until you are positive your unit is dry, you may cause more damage each time you turn it on (and don't charge it too!)

some more psp-repair-specific info

[Register or Login to view links]

WARNING! You lose your warranty if you open that black shiny thing^^

Well, I've been a quiet reader for a while now. But I actually have something worth contributing.

I had a similar incident with my iPaq h2215 (Pocket PC). What happened was I lost my TV remote and was using the Sony Nevo program as my remote and I had a 32oz cup almost filled with water. Well, I spilled the whole cup on the iPaq.

NEVER try to power on an electric device after getting it soaked. Sounds obvious, right? Well the person and I above both were impatient and wanted to see if it'll still work. Doing this can make it even worse by shorting the device out.

I ended up buying another h2215 on eBay. After a few months of not touching my damaged h2215, it powered on and it works fine now.

You probably don't want to wait that long... but it's better then shelling out $200 again. It will dry out a lot faster if you open it like everyone else has suggested though.

Good luck!

problem solved.. i traded in my psp to get a new one. only had to pay 30$ for the insurance once again!

thnx guys for keepin me updated with this.. i really apperciated ...

everytrhing was workin besides the umd thingy and the charger

This might be a bit to late, but i know this guy who actually washed his pc motherboard in water/fluid (sometimes u meet people like this). After a week under a hot air ventilator it work flawless again, and hey even turn on the motherboard while it ws wet (a big nono!). I hear'd several stories about people that wash their gfx-cards and live to tell about it too.

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News