Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    well problem solved thnx every1 for your help, but me being the man who loves his psp and would do nething to get it working again.. i just easily exchanged it

thnx!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I've read several threads and tutorials about "disassembling" the PSP, but never seen anyone replace the backplate of the housing. I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with this procedure and if they could comment on the complexity level compared to, replacing the analog stick, replacing the LCD, etc.

Basically I need to get the guts from my completely damaged case into a new one. I do not have any damage to the UMD door. The PSP turns on an works fine.

-doabbs

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by doabbs
    I've read several threads and tutorials about "disassembling" the PSP, but never seen anyone replace the backplate of the housing. I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with this procedure and if they could comment on the complexity level compared to, replacing the analog stick, replacing the LCD, etc.

Basically I need to get the guts from my completely damaged case into a new one. I do not have any damage to the UMD door. The PSP turns on an works fine.

-doabbs
    Well I went ahead with replacing both the faceplate and the backplate. It wasn't too bad as most of the parts remove and reinstall in the same fashion.

Here is what I found outside of the typical "disassembly instructions" which only go as far as getting the LCD and some talk about getting to the mainboard or wireless card in psp.

If you follow through any guide to the point where you have to remove most of the main boards (Wireless card, direction and button controllers, etc) there are only a couple other things that need to be removed to put your psp into a new case.

The rest of this info assumes that you can carefully remove any existing screws and keep track of where they came from. As well as properly removing all the ribbon cables and keeping track of the correct orientation.

After you gently pull the mainboard off, you need to remove the wireless card/duo reader on the left hand side of the casing and any shielding left over. Once you have everything out the only thing left to do is get the UMD drive assembly out. With the UMD cover removed there are simply 4 screws that secure the UMD drive to the PSP housing from the back.

Remove these 4 screws and then attach the UMD drive back to the new housing, reinsert the small piece of shielding, put the network card/duo reader back in, put the small piece of plastic that goes in the lower left. Reinstall the mainboard making sure that the UMD drive latches properly. Reconnect the directional buttons, speakers, power adapter and reroute the wireless cable. Put the UMD drive door back on, then the shielding/mount for the screen, reattach the screen, and then the volume/start/home button assembly.

-doabbs

what if ur screen cracks?

Quote Originally Posted by PeterPan
    This might be a bit to late, but i know this guy who actually washed his pc motherboard in water/fluid (sometimes u meet people like this). After a week under a hot air ventilator it work flawless again, and hey even turn on the motherboard while it ws wet (a big nono!). I hear'd several stories about people that wash their gfx-cards and live to tell about it too.
    Nothing wrong with cleaning PCBs with water.. I do it all the time. What's wrong is trying to turn it on before it's 100% dry.

Has anyone ever heard of the ANALOG stick jammed?

The issue im having with my psp is that the analog stick seems to be surpressed to the right making it always move right, ie: driving games always turning right. The stick is NOT jammed, it moves freely but it seems that the board is "stuck" in the "right" direction.

Pisses me off because when I bought it off my friend it was working fine for a month then this started to happen. I have disassembled the unit and see no obstructions or damage internally. Any ideas?

This is a Jap unit so obviously no warranties, also the $ony authorized repair center quoted $200 to fix!?! I can get PSP's for $150.

Taking apart a PSP

Hi all, I just had a quick question about the PSP. I have noticed recently that my PSP has a lot of dust specks under the screen. It has become increasingly annoying even though I have continued to deal with it. I read a few articles on how to take apart a PSP but I was wondering if anyone had any insightful advice on this procedure. Can it be done without damaging the PSP and is it worth the risk? If you can post any advice or recommendations I will give you credits in return (how many depends on the quality of the advice). Thanks in advance to anyone who took the time to reply.

There should be some Tutorials in the STICKY thread on this... at least one for sure I know of is there which details the steps with pictures.

Sponsored Links
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News