Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

2gb vs. 1gb memory stick?

Sponsored Links
    Whats the best? Shelling out $ for a 1gb or waiting for a 2gb since the UMD max size is 2gb???? any thoughts.... I know the 2gb stick is like 2-3x the price!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    cehck ebay, theres 2 gb right now.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I'd wait for more loaders to buy a 2GB MS. More and more rips are being released, 1GB will hold probably at least 4-8 games depending on the size. Unless you really have $300+ burning a hole in your pocket for the 2GB stick.

I agree i dont see how its feesable to waste more than the price of the psp on a 2GB memory stick.

Well, the thing is this: a lot of people do have 512MBs at this time. And, let's face it, dropping another $50 on a MS, which brings up the total to $300 or so plus tax, isn't exactly that fun of a thing to do.

My point is: 512MB MS will be around for a while. That means there's going to be "market", if you will, for 512MB rips.

I'm pretty sure 1GB is fine. It's only when a killer game or application comes out that can't easily be ripped down to 1GB when you're in trouble. But $350 for a 2GB memory stick? You've got to be kidding me. No way I'm paying that. That's ludicrous - even if I had all the money in the world.

If Sony wants to establish the PSP as an all-around entertainment system (MP3s, non-UMD videos, ...) they'll need to offer cheaper MS. If they don't, we'll find somebody who will.

thanks for the wicked feedback on this guys! After doing some researching of my own, I'm gonna go with the 1GB as well as the 2GB is $400...the 1GB i can get for $100 around...plus as someone mentioned rips will prolly be made anyways for 1GB+ games, so its all good...now just to find a good price on a 1GB...

thanks

2gb

I figure it like this, 400.00 bucks is like the price of 8 games! and figure there are about that many games playable off of the memory stick. so any game after that you win! I bought one last week its the ultra2 2GB. I sold my nintendo DS and my 512 + 32mb memsticks on ebay already and got about 200.bucks. Totaly worth it. 369.99!!!!!! plus all that space for music and movies and homebrew apps. Plus if I wanted to sell the memstick It should keep its resell value for a while.

Tandynor : Does your MS recognized over 1Gb by the PSP ?
    I heard that the Sandisk 2GB are not compatible with PSP (Only Gaming version are)

Quote Originally Posted by tandynor
    I figure it like this, 400.00 bucks is like the price of 8 games! and figure there are about that many games playable off of the memory stick. so any game after that you win! I bought one last week its the ultra2 2GB. I sold my nintendo DS and my 512 + 32mb memsticks on ebay already and got about 200.bucks. Totaly worth it. 369.99!!!!!! plus all that space for music and movies and homebrew apps. Plus if I wanted to sell the memstick It should keep its resell value for a while.
    That may be true. But your calculation only works if you actually intended to buy all of those eight games. If you had actually only bought, say, five out of those eight games you're actually paying more.

In the long run, you will still come out ahead in the long run if you buy a big memory stick. But that's long-term benefits vs. short-term investment. Because the second you part with your $400 and get a 2GB memory stick, you're out of $400. A potential return-on-investment is just that - potential.

Because you have to keep in mind that there are factors beyond your control that are not part of your calculation. Like, for instance, the cost of storage decreasing (which is almost certain to happen; the question is what timeframe you're talking about). Or being forced to upgrade your firmware/accidentally upgrading your firmware, and thereby diminishing your possible return to near-0. Or MSRP of games dropping. I could go on.

Actually, it really doesn't matter. If you want a 2GB stick then that's totally cool. As long as your willing to pay $400 (yeah, the price will come down but it's probably going to stay in the neighborhood of $350-400 for a while), that's okay. And, as you say, you can use the memorystick for MP3s and stuff so it's all good.

If your willing to pay the extra cash go with a 2gb. Its quite a bit cheaper just to go with a 1gb though, I got mine for $130CAD.

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News