Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

PSP Firmware v3.00 officially released!

Sponsored Links
    Also mentioned in our Site News, here are some of the details from it:

Remote Play - Remote play is a new feature in Firmware 3.00 that allows you to remotely control your PlayStation 3 from your PSP. This also includes the display of PS3 content on the PSP. "You can display a PLAYSTATION®3 system screen on a PSP™ system and play content that is on the PS3™ system. To use this feature, you must adjust the necessary settings on the PSP™ system and the PS3™ system." Using this new mode of playback, one can control the Photo, Music, Video, and Internet Browser features of the PlayStation 3 from a remote location via their Playstation Portable.

Video Compatibility - In this updated version of the Playstation Portable firmware, you are also able to play a few new video formats. The Motion JPEG format (M-JPEG), is an "informal name for multimedia formats where each video frame or interlaced field of a digital video sequence is separately compressed as a JPEG image". The PlayStation Portable plays both the Linear PCM and the μ-Law versions of the Motion JPEG video format. In addition, you will now be able to access the Camera (functionality) from the photo option menus, for quicker easier access when taking photos or video. Another nifty function is the ability to finally turn off Auto Play for inserted UMD Discs via UMD Auto Boot.

PlayStation Games - Here's the big tip you've been waiting for. Finally, Sony is going to drop their highly anticipated PlayStation One emulator onto the PSP. From the manual however, there seems to be a unavoidable catch. If you don't have a PS3, your not going to be enjoying PlayStation One games emulating on Sony's PlayStation One emulator for PSP anytime soon. From the manual it states that you must connect to the Playstation Online store with your PSP connected to the PlayStation 3 in order to download and play the games. In addition, they mention that you can in fact share the games, but you must activate the other system in the Friends menu as a PS3 Network Account.

The following changes are noted:

* Revisions to strengthen security have been added.
    * PLAYSTATION(R)Network titles are now supported under [Games].
    * [Remote Play] has been added as a feature under [Network].
    * [Online Instruction Manuals] has been added as a feature under [Network].
    * Timed recording has been added as a feature under [RSS Channel].
    * A visual player has been added as a feature under [Music].
    * 3-speed fast forward and fast reverse has been added as a feature under [Music].
    * [Camera] has been added as a feature under [Photo].
    * [UMD(TM) Auto-Start] has been added as a feature in [System Settings] under [Settings].

More to come soon on this news... for now, don't update to it unless you don't mind waiting for PSP homebrew/iSO loading to catch up to 3.00 FW!

Sponsored Links

Thumbs Down Fw 3.00 isn't that great after all

Sponsored Links
    Need PS3 to play PSX games on PSP? That sucks! That why s0ny is losing $ years after years of all these stupid idea.. I mean they are just forcing people to buy their PS3 if people want to play PSX games using their PSX emu on PSP.. Hopefully devhook can emu fw 3.00 & togather work out a way for enjoy s0ny PSX emu games on PSP without a PS3!
    Last edited by Sen; 11-21-2006 at 01:23 AM

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    This will surely promote the very piracy they fear the most. People who were not even considering it, will now see it as a means to an end because they are not going to want to pay $600+ for the ps3. Im leaning towards the Wii myself. But, I love my psp. There is no way in hell im going to pay for a ps3 just to play the games of yesteryear on my psp! It's an ill conceived marketing strategy and it is overtly audacious.

I greatly look forward to the complete dissection of this latest fw.

I have a PS3 and would NEVER update to v3.00 just to use a silly PS1 emulator... if I wanted to play PS1 games I'd play the back-ups on my PSTwo instead.

Unhappy Dissapointment

Quote Originally Posted by Dazomeca View Post
    This isn't a PSP firmware. This seems to me like a PS3 firmware. I'm personally not ready to buy PS3 yet, theres not enough of a drive for me to do it right now. But verson 3.0 firmware doesn't let me play PS1 games (without a PS3), motion jpeg was there last firmware release, and the only real improvement I have seen is being able to turn off auto loading of the UMD like the DS which has been LONG OVERDUE. Now that the PS3 is out however I find it hard to believe that the PSP isn't capable of being able to listen to music while using the web browser, or viewing photos... or even motion thumbnails in the video section of the XMB. Overall, I am dissapointed with this release from Sony.
    100% agree with you.. Dissapointment is the word for s0ny..

well looks like im going to upgrade my spare white psp who's been sitting around just to play devhook but then again i wanted a spare to see how far it will go

I had a funny feeling we weren't going to get this without some sort of financial contribution to the Sony Empire.

Oh well, devhook ownz ps1 emu any day =D

WOW! Requiring a PS3 for PSOne emulation. A Major thumbs down I agree, the only useful feature is the UMD Auto-Run option. Sad to say, but PSP was my worst investment.

Emulated firmware 3.00 and a way to download PS1 games with the PSP would make me use my PSP again... maybe.

Well this is weird, Tech support gave a different story before I sent one of my PSP in for repair. Tech said you will be able to transfer games to PSP using PS2 or PS3 not just PS3. This he claimed was at the time in beta testing. He did not go into too much detail about which games worked or not just stated that you could use both systems to populate the games on to the memory card for PSP. I guess you would need to use the play online to do so. Now that i think about i wonder if my xbox playonline account for FFXI can do the transfer that would rock will check and get back if it works.

So there is/will be a official psx emu for the psp? And Updating to 3.00 would enable me to use it, IF I bought a PS3 (which isn't even buyable in sweden yet I think). On the other hand, there already IS a psx emu for non 3.00 that works? so If I had my backups done properly from the psx era, I'd be one PS3 less poor?
    Sorry bout me being all newbie and such, but this just sounds ridiculous.

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News