Good Jooooooob!!
    I am JPN PSP 2.71SE-B3 user

2.71SE-B3 to downgrade for 1.50
    and update 2.71SE-C
    Very Very working

Thanks Dark_Alex

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Since the only new thing about it are plugins, which i dont need, i wont install it, simply keep my B3....

When there's an important change, ill think about it again....

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I have installed Se-c Over an Se-B3 with mods and i have no problems, so you doesn't need a downgrade before.

I'v installed SE-c and there is not much to say about it !
    i installed it from SE-b3 and it all went well but you have 2 remake the daxr file

SE-C works just like a charm. It takes a bit for the data.psar file to be constructed but the installation is pretty quick.

Anyway, just a question: has anyone tried using plug-ins in SE-C? I've gone through the read me and it seems to be too rudimentary. Has anyone made a plug-in work already?

Quote Originally Posted by alcal View Post
    Anyway, just a question: has anyone tried using plug-ins in SE-C? I've gone through the read me and it seems to be too rudimentary. Has anyone made a plug-in work already?
    Yes, I have installed the overclocking module, the screen capture module, and the mp3 module. All of them work the same as before.

It's just three steps: put those prx files in the seplugins folder, input the paths of those files into game.txt and vsh.txt, enable those plugins from the recovery menu, and you're all set!

This method of plugin installation is certainly safer than the previous method... at least we don't have to keep writing to flash0.

could anyone give me a step by step walkthrough on how to update my 2.71seb?

my friend did mine for me last time so i dont know how its done

Wink PSPSwampys quick guide to installing SE-C & Plug-ins.

PSPSwampys quick guide to installing SE-C & Plug-ins.
    WARNING:
    As with any tools that FLASH your firmware - you MUST
    1. know what you are doing
    2. Have the AC power supply connected and have >50% battery life.
    3. Be SURE you are prepared to risk bricking your PSP!

Requirements:
    1 x PSP v1.5, SE-A/B (or 1.51 - ?.?? downgraded to 1.5!)
    1 x USB cable
    1 x Copy of a 1.50 update EBOOT (google)
    1 x Copy of a 2.71 update EBOOT (google)
    1 x Copy of Custom_Firmware_Revision_C_2.71_SE_For_PSP.rar

If you have a PSP with firmware 1.5 (original OR downgraded) follow the Firmware 1.5 Instructions bit otherwise for existing SE installes follow the Firmware SE-x Instructions bit.

Firmware 1.5 Instructions:-
    1. Extract the contents of the Custom_Firmware_Revision_C_2.71_SE_For_PSP.rar file to a suitable location.
    2. Connect to PSP
    3. Copy the PSP folder from within the freshly extracted "NEWINSTALL" folder onto the root of your PSP (We'll refer to this as X:\ from now on)
    4. Copy the 1.5 firmware EBOOT.PBP file into the X:\PSP\GAME\seupdmaker folder and call it 150.PBP
    5. Copy the 2.71 firmware EBOOT.PBP file into the X:\PSP\GAME\seupdmaker folder and call it 271.PBP
    6. Run the program (labelled "2.71 SE Update Maker" on your PSP) - this will automatically generate the DATA.DXAR file using the two firmware files (it will take a few mins, and will automatically close when done)
    7. Copy the DATA.DXAR file from X:\PSP\GAME\seupdmaker to X:\PSP\GAME\271seflasher
    8. Run the 271seflasher program (Labelled "2.71 SE-C Firmware Install" on your psp)
    9. Follow on-screen instructions.
    10. Your done - reboot your PSP and you should now have 2.71 SE-C installed correctly!

Firmware SE-x Instructions
    1. Extract the contents of the Custom_Firmware_Revision_C_2.71_SE_For_PSP.rar file to a suitable location.
    2. Connect to PSP
    3. Copy the contents of the PSP folder from within the freshly extracted "NEWINSTALL" folder to your PSP in the X:\PSP\GAME150 folder. (Where X:\ is the root of your PSP!
    4. Copy the 1.5 firmware EBOOT.PBP file into the X:\PSP\GAME150\seupdmaker folder and call it 150.PBP
    5. Copy the 2.71 firmware EBOOT.PBP file into the X:\PSP\GAME150\seupdmaker folder and call it 271.PBP
    6. Run the program (labelled "2.71 SE Update Maker" on your PSP) - this will automatically generate the DATA.DXAR file using the two firmware files (it will take a few mins, and will automatically close when done)
    7. Copy the DATA.DXAR file from X:\PSP\GAME150\seupdmaker to X:\PSP\GAME150\271seflasher
    8. Run the 271seflasher program (Labelled "2.71 SE-C Firmware Install" on your psp)
    9. Follow on-screen instructions.
    10. Your done - reboot your PSP and you should now have 2.71 SE-C installed correctly!

Installing Plug-ins (once the above has been done!):-
    1. Create a folder on the root of your PSP called seplugins
    i.e. X:\seplugins\
    2. Copy your plugin PRX files into this folder (i'm using cwcheat.prx for an example)
    3. Within the folder create two files "game.txt" and "vsh.txt" and within these files enter the location and name of your Plug-ins (e.g. ms0:/seplugins/cwcheat.prx)
    4. Save the updates to the text files
    5. Hard reset your PSP and then enter recovery mode (by powering back up and holding the R button
    6. Inside the recovery console, goto "Plugins ->" and then turn on/off your plugins!

That's it - you should now have a PSP with 2.71 SE-C installed and working plug-ins.

PSPSwampy

Ok - if you find this guide useful, do NOT reply with a thank-you message - instead please click the icon to the left (under my username! on this post)
    Last edited by PSPSwampy; 11-26-2006 at 08:02 PM

Thumbs Up

I linked your Tutorial in the first post there, and will mirror the link in our Site News as well- Thanks PSPSwampy!

in recovery

Is there a way to change the background from blue to black or dark color something because I don't see it very well. Too bright for my eyes. I am sure some of people have eyes problem. LOL Sorry if I post this stupid question.

Sponsored Links
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News