Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Square Enix Was Interested in Final Fantasy XI on PlayStation 3

Sponsored Links
    Square Enix has revealed that they were releasing a version of FFXI for the PlayStation 3, but they ran into a small hitch... the Sony rep they were talking to about a PS3 version actually quit the company!

To quote: But when we caught up with the FFXI development team at the Fan Fest event in Hollywood, California over the weekend, we learned an interesting tidbit: It turns out Square Enix was indeed looking into the possibility of releasing a version of FFXI for the PS3, until they ran into a small snag.

"Initially we were in talks with a representative from Sony [to achieve this], but it appears that that person quit," said FFXI producer Hiromichi Tanaka, inducing laughter from the rest of the team. Tanaka also explained why it's a little more complicated to make the PS2 version work than, say, simply releasing some sort of patch or update for the PS3.

"[Current] PS3s don't have PS3-side PS2 emulation, and it doesn't look like Sony has any plans to address that issue. For that kind of thing to even be conceivable, it would have to be on a disc. Digital downloads wouldn't work for this. The disc has to be in the system for the emulator to work." More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Thing between Square Enix & Sony are going from bad to worst, every game that is being release on the ps3 is being release on the X-box &/or on the Wii... I hate the X-Box & I am really getting irritated about Square Enix I am also extremely frustrated that Sony sits there looking stupid & doing nothing about it... I could really punch a Sony boss in the face right now. this probably would not help me but it would sure feel freaking good !

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News