Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sony PlayStation 3 Firmware Update 2.53 Arrives Tomorrow

Sponsored Links
    Update: This has now been confirmed by [Register or Login to view links] as follows:

The PLAYSTATION®3 system software update may include security patches, new or revised settings and features and other items, which will change your current operating system.

We encourage you to check this page from time to time for software updates and to always maintain your system to use the latest version of the system software.

An update to the PS3 system software was released on November 26, 2008. You can use this update to upgrade your system software to version 2.53.

We just got a tip that PS3 FW 2.53 is coming on or before November 26, 2008. Our tipster told us it's a very minor update, below is the changelog:

Network:

* New for 2.53: The Internet browser now supports full-screen mode for Adobe® Flash® Player content.*
    * Support for Adobe® Flash® Player 9 has been added to [Internet Browser].*
    * "Adobe" and "Flash" are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated in the United States and/or other countries. More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Home was suppose to come out this month.... I am so tired of things getting pushed back. This never happened on the PS2 or if it did it was rare.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    The implementation of this feature doesn't seem important enough to require an update for. Hopefully there is some unmentioned feature or the update is fairly quick... Eh, I'll probably be out most of the day anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by CyanCaze View Post
    Home was suppose to come out this month.... I am so tired of things getting pushed back. This never happened on the PS2 or if it did it was rare.
    You have to remember, the PS2 and the PS3 are not the same system. Home will be here within a month for sure. I, along with many others, just got into the beta and there should be more invites going out soon enough. I hope the open beta brings Trophy rooms, they are one of the features among others like video sharing, which attracted me to Home...
    Last edited by BlingOnMyWrist; 11-25-2008 at 11:52 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I hope they include the video record option. :P

Yeah or the option for screenshots... since i still don't know how to make them :S

Will i be able to install PSN games through a Proxy ?

Quote Originally Posted by CyanCaze View Post
    100k emails were send about 3 days ago, others will be sent soon, so don't say, that it was pushed back...

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by B4rtj4h View Post
    Yeah or the option for screenshots... since i still don't know how to make them :S

Will i be able to install PSN games through a Proxy ?
    The screenshot feature was implemented into a previous firmware update that allowed developers to add the screenshot feature to their games. Just like in-game music, it is possible, and available on the system but, the developers must implement it into their game before it releases or with an update patch.

Somehow Metal Gear Solid 4 had this feature or a very similar feature that allowed pictures to be taken in-game and could be transferred to the HDD. I don't see why Sony had to add this to the firmware if it was apparently already possible.

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News