Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

PS3 Targeted in Blu-ray Law Suit

Sponsored Links
    Video game companies are certainly no stranger to law suits, and now it's Sony's turn. A company is alleging that Sony has infringed on a patent which relates to a method for recording and producing information via optical disc. The PS3 is included in this suit.

To quote: In an August 20 court filing obtained by Edge, Orinda alleged that Sony infringed on patent number 5,438,560, which in broad terms describes methods for recording and reproducing information via optical disc.

Orinda also named as defendants subsidiaries Sony Electronics, Sony Computer Entertainment and Sony Computer Entertainment America.

Orinda has demanded a jury trial, and is seeking an injunction on manufacturing, sales and distribution of Blu-ray devices such as the PS3, computer peripheral products and dedicated Blu-ray players.

The plaintiff is also asking for "a reasonable royalty."

"Orinda has been and will continue to be damaged as a result of Defendants' infringing conduct," the company said in the filing. "Defendants' infringing conduct will continue unless permanently enjoined by this court." More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Its funny i have yet to even hear of that company, but that doesn't mean much... Its just like every other situation were there is a lot of money and the chance to come out ahead, no matter what the out come is. People/companies will always look for any easier way. There probably mad because sony has the ps3 doing all kinds of cool things... lol IDK just tring to keep up on my posts... this just kinda made me mad. i hope sony just shuts them down, and takes everthing from them...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Hmm considering that the PS3 has been out for nearly 2 years and the games have been on Blu-Ray for nearly 2 years too, why did this company decide to sue now?

The are suing because it took them that long to figure out how they could sue someone.... "Uhh let see what can sue someone for.. hmmm.. oh how bout that patent on that "idea" that we stole from someone and had patent. By the way what is otipical .. I mean optical"

Quote Originally Posted by jhfit View Post
    The are suing because it took them that long to figure out how they could sue someone.... "Uhh let see what can sue someone for.. hmmm.. oh how bout that patent on that "idea" that we stole from someone and had patent. By the way what is otipical .. I mean optical"
    Exactly. I mean I have no doubt that the jury will see this and most likely declare that Sony wins.

Sponsored Links
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News