Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

PlayStation 3 Firmware Update 2.50 adds Flash 9 Support

Sponsored Links
    Slated for release tomorrow, PlayStation 3's upcoming 2.50 firmware includes support for [Register or Login to view links] via the console's Web browser alongside various changes.

Eurogamer has also been told that you'll be able to see optional EXIF (exchangeable image file format) information while viewing photos.

And finally for the things that weren't mentioned yesterday, the Y and Z and Q and A keys have been remapped for the German on-screen keyboard. Gut.

Things we already knew about Firmware 2.5:

Pads and the PS3 itself now have tweakable power-save settings for turning off after a period of inactivity.
    You can tell the PS3 to power down once it's finished downloading or installing content.
    In-game screenshots can be taken in compatible games.
    It enables high-quality mode for the official PS3 Bluetooth headset.
    The Trophy interface has been improved, so you can see you and your friends' progress more easily.
    Friends now have their last login time listed.
    Videos now have a scene search feature.
    There's a button on the PlayStation Store frontpage for redeeming codes. More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Finally an update that does something. The flash update is long over due but I'm glad to see it.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Great, finally i'll be able to view flash files (myspace).

Seeing how my laptop has gone to hell, this will come in handy in watching anime as well!

Thanks A Lot Sony!

UPDATE: I just got prompted to update... go get it guys!
    Last edited by Roxstarrz; 10-15-2008 at 12:13 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Im super pumped to go home and get this update. Its so nice having a console that changes with technology. There have been a lot of people who were bugging sony about the flash player. Maybe they actually do listen??

Nice to see something good like flash9 added to the update. I'm always expecting more from the updates, but one step at a time

Excellent news Flash 9 Support but came out 10, flash 9 is already old. Example? Go with ps3 browser at [Register or Login to view links].

what about the in game screen shot? what games does it work in.. none. sony should sink up with more developers before they release this stuff so we could enjoy more.

Sponsored Links
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News