Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Perry: Sony has no chance of making money on the PS3

Sponsored Links
    Well respected Acclaim boss David Perry has stated that because sony has sold the PS3 at a lost, they basically have no chance of making money on the PlayStation 3.

He added "if they release the PlayStation 4 and have an even more expensive console and raise the cost of games by ten dollars, that would not be good."

To quote: "Because of the cost of making the PlayStation 3 and because they sold it at a loss, Sony basically has pretty much no chance of making money on the PS3, because it's lost more money than they made during the entire peak of the PlayStation 2 - it's not going to happen again for Sony," stated Perry.

"If they release the PlayStation 4 and have an even more expensive console and raise the cost of games by ten dollars, that would not be good," he added. More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    This guy has some flaws in his theory. For starters sony has some good reasons to keep the ps3 and to make it the best platform.

1. Sony started the project and they knew how much money they were losing per console and how much they could afford to lose. They knew they were going to make back their money with games, psn store and what not for the ps3. Think do you really expect a company like sony didnt have this all sorted out that they just built the best console out there and they didnt know how much it was costing-would cost and how much they were losing? They are making back their money one way or the other. Prices for electronics keep coming down and they designed a console for 10 years to be out in the market, xbox is running into trouble with that dvd drive of theirs and its having problems with their hardware.

2. Sony cant hand the console market to microsoft or to nintendo just like that, at least they have to keep their current market share or a good market share. The market share are costumers that they have 24/7 buying online and microsoft know this, who ever is in the living room sitting next to the TV and plugged in is going to sell to the consumer directly in their home, no extra fees for them and the market is huge. Even if sony has to lose this generation and the next they have to be there to later on sell music, movies, games and all your media needs. Blockbuster type of businesses will be out in 10 years and all this companys know it.

3. The market is growing at a rate that is impressive. The market is growing because a) younger audiences are growing up and having money to buy all this stuff, come on guys we grew with this with nintendo, atari and snes and we want more and we are near our 30s. B) More new kids everyday are born and they are rapidly hooking to a video game console at ages of 3 and above even smaller. C) More people are realizing the gaming industry is good and they are giving it a try, my boss who is 45 now and has never played a video game asked me today what to do to start playing online cause he wanted to be in the game and showing his kids how to do that stuff. Even my girlfriend and her sister want to play games on my ps3 console, my sister inlaw who is 23 wants to play TF2 all the time now. So where are we going?

Sony WILL make its money back and huge and if not, they just need to keep alive and come out flat with numbers and that will be a big gain for them. Long term fellows thats the name of the game, so I think the thesis of this guy needs more roots to sustain.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I can see were this is coming from. On the other hand, We dont know for sure whats in store for us out here on the ps3. Alot of us that own it love it. We are awaiting some big releases ( socom and others). We have had some awesome releases already. With home on the way, and whatever else sony has up their sleeves..I dont see how people can say sony will not make money when sonys ps3 hasn't had near as much problems as the 360...

They can add features as they see fit, so i imagine once they figure out whats going to bring more people to the ps3 side, They will add it, Or make it. I do think sony needs to pick up the pace on somethings and issues, but thats nothing to turn ur head at sony for..We could have RROD!!!!

I think they are expecting to much from home, and i dont believe HOME would break sony out of this rep its got..I do love my ps3 and sony , always have. If they are selling it at a lost, (which im sure they know what they are doing) This would just mean they have to sell more threw the life span of the ps3, to make up for the losses. Sony just needs to make a move that will make people want a ps3 more than anything in the gaming world. Once we get more people buying it , more devs will want to make games for it and more people will be buying it. Maybe that would make a diffrence, but what do i know..I guess will see but i am interested now in this issue. I look forward to hearing more about this issue someday...lol take care. GOLDEN

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    They can and they will.

1- They got blu-ray into the market, it won the HD War, Thus a great victory for Sony
    2- Exclusive titles like Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Home, Motorstorm 2 And So On Will Highly increase the PS3 Sales.
    3- PSN * Which Makes a lot of money btw from Premium downloadable content*

Thumbs Down (Sigh) Perry - another 360 fanboy.

Didn't know Microsoft actually hired fanboys to do their bidding. Way to go David. You sound like a total douchebag who doesn't know what he's talking about.

sony i expect will at the very least break even with the ps3. It came out a long time ago now and they have bought out all the different types e.g 20G , 40G. i can see where your coming from the cost to make cancels the income but surely they would sell it to make a profit. maybe the latest updates may help like the new trophie system.

it all seems a lil dodgy to me.

Quote Originally Posted by yiawchong View Post
    wan make a new PS4 ?? so fast oo...
    This guy is talking about a PS4 because he is an xbox fanboi and xbox is running into trouble with their dvd drive, seriously this is a great issue for microsoft and has to update its console because they didnt look ahead on this.

So he is trying to make things even by saying the Sony is already planning a PS4, maybe they are planning a PS4 but it will be out in a long long time.

When the Sony starts raking in cash from Home then this guy should talk about their financial situation. Sony is about to tap into a large market, as seen with second life. There are ton's of kids around the world who are going to be willing to spend real world money on virtual furniture and other crap. Not to mention a couple of "console selling" games are due out in the next 6 months or so.OH and Sony has implemented the hd video service which is no doubt making money.Business is a long run process. This guy will feel like an idiot in 2 yrs.

Sponsored Links

Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News