Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

LittleBigRipoff: Sony can Sell your LBP User-Created Content

Sponsored Links
    Gamer Dean Longmore reports today that Sony recently made changes to their [Register or Login to view links], most noticeably amending areas pertaining to user generated content.

The part that has frustrated many is this one - "You also authorize us [Sony] and our affiliated companies, without payment to you, to license, sell and otherwise commercially exploit your User Material."

To quote: Sony have recently made changes to their PSN terms of use, notably adding terms and conditions for user generated content. No doubt, this is a legal precaution leading up to the release of LittleBigPlanet, obviously there needs to be guidelines to allow Sony to define and take action again inappropriate content.

But what really got my attention were some of the rights Sony have concerning your generated content…

You also authorize us [Sony] and our affiliated companies, without payment to you, to license, sell and otherwise commercially exploit your User Material.

The document continues on outlining that Sony may sell subscription services or gain advertising revenue related to your content. More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I did not expect Sony to do something like this, so if I make a great amazing level then they can take it and sell it to everyone else? (and I don't get paid!)

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News