Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

LittleBigPlanet BETA Levels Doomed, Won't Work with Full Game

Sponsored Links
    It appears levels created in the LittleBigPlanet BETA will not be compatible with the full game. So far, 1000 levels have already been published but it looks like everything will be lost.

To quote: I interviewed Leo Cubbin, one of LBPís producers, today. I asked him what will happen to all the user created content when we replace the Beta version with the full game. The answer was what I feared: everything is lost!

I donít know about you guys, but I treasure my levels and I donít want to just lose them like that, so I tried to argue that they should allow us to move the content into the full game. Leo replied that maybe theyíll convert the best levels, but they canít convert everything.

It looks like noone expected such a big response to the Beta version. So far, 10.000 people have logged in, and 1000 published their own levels. I guess a lot more are still working hard on those levels before they hit the publish button. And all that content will be lost soonÖ

What do you think about this? Should we email Media Molecule and ask for a way to convert our Beta levels into the full release? Or just forget about it? More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Good news, i managed to score a place in the beta (via the aussie beta key giveaway i posted earlier). I think that they should only convert the best levels, as there are a lot of junk levels on the beta at the moment and only a handful that are quite fun to play. This is just my thoughts though and currently hard at work making a guitar hero LBP

Sponsored Links

This is Beta

Sponsored Links
    Just a reminder that this is a beta stage to this game. Just like *every* other beta I've played all progress will be lost and I consider this to be quite normal.

Is there a downside to losing levels? Not in my opinion. Oh shux, people are just gonna have to make version 2.0 of all their levels. Now that's what I wanna hear. Do you realise how massively this game is gonna buzz when it's released and how all these lost levels will return in the first 24 hours. Nothing lost.

Just thinking of this game makes my brain buzz.

Lightbulb

They should think of rebuilding their levels as a challenge instead. I'm sure more ideas will crop up once you've started re-creating the levels again.

Quote Originally Posted by bigblockchev View Post
    Just a reminder that this is a beta stage to this game. Just like *every* other beta I've played all progress will be lost and I consider this to be quite normal.

Is there a downside to losing levels? Not in my opinion. Oh shux, people are just gonna have to make version 2.0 of all their levels. Now that's what I wanna hear. Do you realise how massively this game is gonna buzz when it's released and how all these lost levels will return in the first 24 hours. Nothing lost.

Just thinking of this game makes my brain buzz.
    Yeah I agree with you. Although some people might start claiming to have made the levels they copied off people from the Beta stages.

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News