Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Blu-ray Writable Media becoming Semi-Affordable Finally

Sponsored Links
    This is a dramatic change in my opinion. For almost 1/8 of the cost of the games we purchase we can make a backup copy just in case little cousin Debbie finds out it's really cool to microwave MGS4.

[Register or Login to view links] - $179.99 (That's $7.20 a disc, and they are printable :O!)

Combo Deal (Model GGW-H20LK - OEM): [Register or Login to view links] - $379.98

Of course to whom this backup is useful to... it can't be said as of yet, but never the less with dropping prices, I see a bright future.

The second listing is for those without a BD-R drive yet. $200 and it is almost future proof with 6x write compatibility versus the 2x available. AND it reads HD DVD's :O!!! More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links

Thumbs Up

Sponsored Links
    Props for sharing the deals hacked2123, but it's still a bit too rich for my blood at $7.20 a disc! I must be growing cheaper in my old age

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by PS3 News View Post
    Props for sharing the deals hacked2123, but it's still a bit too rich for my blood at $7.20 a disc! I must be growing cheaper in my old age
    A lot better than the $13 I was paying back in the day. And those weren't printable. I can imagine the killing a professional photographer can make now with HD camcorders and $7 customizable blurays (Tom and Betty's Wedding 2008: BLURAY EDITION!) - $50 :P + original labor fee.

Sponsored Links

Thumbs Up

Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by PS3 News View Post
    I must be growing cheaper in my old age
    I won't even touch that one..hehe..

lol Wahoo.. blue-ray drive and reads hd-dvd.. thats hot

bd-r's.. 25gb when are the dual layer 50gb coming??

Thanks for the find on the deal hacked2123. I have a Blu-Ray burner but haven't found media cheap enough to buy to put it to use!

I've never heard of RiDATA before for media ... has anyone used them? Are they reliable?

Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by gaferion View Post
    I've never heard of RiDATA before for media ... has anyone used them? Are they reliable?
    I use them all the time here, granted, only RiData DVDR's (not Blu-rays) but if their BDR's are anything like their DVDR's then in my opinion they are among the best, most reliable/compatible brands available... for a decent price too!

I have been using them since the early PS2 days, with nearly no issues (bad burns, coasters etc) using Pioneer A03 and 109 drives.

Yes Ridata are good indeed and verbatim also work great as i had very good results with both media brands and they should be pretty decent in a blu-ray disc also, which i haven't tried yet.

Thanks for the reply. I've seen them on newegg before (not at this price) but couldn't find a decent review on them. Now I have something to go on and may give em a shot.

THANKS!

No doubt the bluray discs are getting cheaper now, but like PS3News said, they are still too expensive for quite a lot of us ... Further reduction in bluray prices are needed, but them to be adopted by the general public openly ..

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News