Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

MC or HDD possible to load & run Colem

Sponsored Links
    First yes I'm a PS2 noob. Ive been lurking around here since about a month before the board changed and everyone had to re-register. I'm more of a lurker and learner than a ask questions guy so this is only my 2nd post, so I ask you go easy on me.

This seemed to be the best place to ask this question. I searched and didnt find anything like it so here goes.

I am new to the PS2, I'm an old school gamer, (2600/5200/Colecovision) and I'm trying to get some Old School on my PS2. The goal is to run the PS2 Colecovision emulator Colem on my PS2 so I can play all my old Colecovision games too. The colem documentation says to load the emu's elf file and roms via Naplink. Naplink docs say to hook PS2 up to PC via special USB naplink cable and run naplink on ps2 and the pc server host app for Naplink on PC. My PS2 has a DMS4 PRO installed and I have HDD Explorer loaded on my 200GB HD as well as launch elf on my MC exploit. If possible I would like to eliminate the Naplink cable PS2/PC host/slave type setup since I don't have a naplink cable anyhow in favor of loading the emu and the roms from either the HD or the MC exploit. The emu and all my Colecovision roms will easily fit on a standard PS2 memory card.

So far I have attempted this by creating a COLECO folder on my MC and dumping my roms and the emu into this folder, modifying the path in the FILES.TXT rom list from HOST:/game.rom to mc0:/COLECO/game.rom and launching colem.elf from launch elf. When I launch Colem all that happens is the PS2 video mode changes into a large text mode and the PS2 freezes up. I'm not sure if the problem is that colem cannot be launched via launch elf or if I have the path to the elf and roms wrong as I've seen some places where the MC paths are MC/0/folder... and another where it was shown as mc:/0/folder... and yet a third that is mc0:/folder... I'm not sure if colem is not being found because of a path issue or is crashing because it cannot find the coleco.rom or other roms or if this is the result because it just plain will only work via Naplink. I'm not against aquiring the correct naplink cable and running it via Naplink if required it just seems this should be doable via a MC or HDD exploit. I already have my PS2 hooked to my PC via network connection do I really need a USB connection too? Anyone with any ideas or suggestions please respond.

Thanks In Advance

Warpig

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Why not burn a CD then you can fit a lot more roms on one disc and since you have DMS 4 EZI it will boot straight away there are tutorials to help you burn your own disc.

Sponsored Links
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News