Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ne0z
    Ouch (NEVER admit things like that! Your buds might hold it against you). Luckily/unfortunately I tend to reign supreme when it comes to the fighters, not easy on the ears I might add lol but hey gotta do what I gotta do . As for the OT...well...LOL just not an issue for me as I am THE STAY @ HOME DAD !!! ENVY ME!!! A proud graduate of BUM-U and 'a retired bully of drunk and unorderly patrons' a.k.a bouncer . My real beef is I'm also the money manager and lets face it, $1000+ on 2 counsels is a hell of alot of money and the 1st generation of these games aren't really gonna be as good as lets say waiting for 6-9 months after that $$$ eater is out. 2 PS3s just doesn't seem logical. Then again she knows where I sleep...I'm beaten by default
    Hahhahah, well im not afraid of admitting that....to some ppl im not all that good at fighters, i have beginners luck then when i learn the moves i start to suck... maybe i can use this defeat in a good way, MUAHAHHA have girls play me and if they beat me, they can take me home [/end dream] yea 2 ps3's is gonna be costly but just think you'll need 4 hd tvs now :P and hey they have like 3 ethernet ports so you can easily network them and share stuff, although you will take a big hit i bet its worth it. you could get 1 at launch then wait for a price drop on the second...depending on how much your wife kicks you off of it

darth - exactly, im going to have to find some new friends with a 360

Ps3

I'll be getting both. It looks like all those November PS2 and Gamecube games have been delayed. So, I'll be getting 360 if Perfect Dark is good, and PS3 2 years later, when it comes out. Enough time in between to make enough money for the next.

I'll be getting PS3, and only PS3. Once I have that i don't see the need for anything else. Xbox 360 is for a bunch of kids that tell you Halo is the best game ever and Xbox is the best system ever.. lucky for microsoft there are a lot of those fools.

Fanboy [fan-boy] - someone who likes one system and hates the other ones just becasue. doesnt back up why and doesnt take into consideration why someone likes another system more.

Example:
    I'll be getting PS3, and only PS3. Once I have that i don't see the need for anything else. Xbox 360 is for a bunch of kids that tell you Halo is the best game ever and Xbox is the best system ever.. lucky for microsoft there are a lot of those fools.
    now...you dont see any reason on why to get an xbox 360 or revolution becuase why? "it's for a bunch of kids that say it's the best ever?" kinda like what your doing with the ps2... fanboys like you shouldnt be allowed to post... i dont like the ps2, and i play my xbox and gc more, but each system has it's ups and downs... xbox has the homebrew scene and better graphics, and usually better loading times.

ps2 has a bigger game library [read- bigger, not nessecarily better], and has a few exclusives like ace combat, soul calibur 3, atv off road fury, (no gta anymore..), and a few others, but not enough for me to enjoy that system better.

the gc has a nice game library, not huge and most of the games are kid games, but the games that are good are great. 1080 avalanche, fzero, mario kart, luigis mansion, and a lot more. for you to say there's alot of fools to buy the xbox/xbox360, well there's just as many for sony... and nintendo.

for me i like fps's and racing games...so i like the xbox's library. i like platformers and some classic-new gen games so i enjoy the gc (also the fact that the gc has no load times at all on 90% of it's games is nice) and ps2 is for rpg/rts type games... that i dont enjoy that much so i only really play frequency and ace combat for it since those are the 2 best games available.
    Last edited by MKE; 08-21-2005 at 01:22 AM

Well said MKE. No true gamer is without all 3 current consoles because they know there are games on each that no true gamer should be without. Don't stick up for a product just to boost your confidence in your efforts to justify your purchase. Honestly, there are WAY to many neardy virgins out here in cyberspace...

I'll buy them all but since Sony has, in the past, proven to have the most titles I'm interested in priority will be set highest for the PS3. I'll probably wait until the Xbox360 is cracked open because I used my Xbox for emulation and multimedia (Xbox-TV > PC screen/TV-out; Xbox controller > setting up PC control junk) and I'd love to have an Xbox360 for that stuff since it'll have plenty of power to emulate more powerful systems.

Quote Originally Posted by djoye
    I'll buy them all but since Sony has, in the past, proven to have the most titles I'm interested in priority will be set highest for the PS3. I'll probably wait until the Xbox360 is cracked open because I used my Xbox for emulation and multimedia (Xbox-TV > PC screen/TV-out; Xbox controller > setting up PC control junk) and I'd love to have an Xbox360 for that stuff since it'll have plenty of power to emulate more powerful systems.
    I wonder how realistic it is to think PS1 or PS2 emulation could come about on the 360 or PS3.

Quote Originally Posted by t3m3st
    I wonder how realistic it is to think PS1 or PS2 emulation could come about on the 360 or PS3.
    I believe that they already announced that the PS3 will be backwards compatible with all (most) PS1 and PS2 titles.

Quote Originally Posted by t3m3st
    PCs have been powerful enough to do it for awhile now (PS2/DC/Xbox emulation), its just the lack of inner hardcore knowledge of the system that stops homebrewers. I mean, we are STILL stumped on Saturn emulation for crikes's sake...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast