Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Question [Answered] YLOD motor storm 80gb

Sponsored Links
    My 80gb ps3 ylod on me, yesturday when i was doing a backup of some data. it happened when i was going into my second account to deactivate it (for data transfer). it shutdown then, i try to turn it on, it just shutdown again, I let it stay off for 5 minutes, then i try again it again, to my surprise it boot up again but shutdown when i was log in...

Is the Heatgun the only way to fix it ? also can someone show/tell me which type of heatgun should i buy...

would this be a good heatgun to get: [Register or Login to view links]
    Last edited by mx3; 06-07-2010 at 12:28 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Best Answer - Posted by Wasteware:

Heatgun is definitely the way to go. Either of those should work. Following the famous YLOD Fix pdf will fix this... for a while. I've had to do my launch 20gb about 5 times, but you'll typically get an extra month and a half to two months out of it depending on use.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Heatgun is definitely the way to go. Either of those should work. Following the famous YLOD Fix pdf will fix this... for a while. I've had to do my launch 20gb about 5 times, but you'll typically get an extra month and a half to two months out of it depending on use.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by Wasteware View Post
    I mainly want to deactivate the accounts on it and get some stuff off it, since i got a slim a few days before it happen..
    Surprise me as i normal open it up and clean it, but i didn't get to change the thermal paste, i mainly clean the fan and around the area, but didn't take out the heatsink still..

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Also FYI RSOD NEVER has anything to do with reflow. Hardware errors are all light errors. RSOD is HDD, HDMI, or SixAxis (Sony or knockoff with ID of controller made before DS3). I learned this stuff on my own with my own money on my own time, you won't see it in any $40 manual.

Light error is hardware or firmware error guaranteed. RSOD has to do with data integrity basically. Learning Sony RSODs a console if there isn't a controller with a DS3 dated firmware ID costed me around $200. It's free to you all.
    Last edited by xrayglasses; 06-09-2010 at 10:04 PM

Sponsored Links

Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News