Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Yep, CECHC Slim 250 GB - Firmware 3.41. Looking forward your review.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I just want to make that I don't mess anything up here. Are you positive that doing this won't remove anything from HDD like my games?

I have taken a look at your download. I've now matched it to the contents on my HDD but haven't copied/over-written any files yet. I see that you included both bd player and XMB folders. Should I over-write both folders or just XMB for my problems?

Keep in mind, I haven't downgraded firmwares in order to get the possible Blu-Ray movie playback issues. Also, my particular fat model doesn't fall into that troubling category anyhow. Thanks! BTW, have you modified these firmware files in any way? I ask this because I don't see how this will work if I already re-installed the regular 3.41 firmware.
    Last edited by tonybologna; 12-26-2010 at 04:24 PM

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I can't say if this will remove your games or not. I think it don't but there is maybe a risk. I also don't know, if this remove the issue or don't - just overwrite all files which are in the folders and try out. The only way to find out 100%.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Not the answer I was hoping for here. The reason I say this is due to already having to re-install/transfer games numerous times trying to get this issue resolved. I've had to move and transfer games twice due to just reformatting the HDD itself. This takes a lot of time.

I don't believe this will remove any games because this is just over-writing files from xmb/bd player folders. As long as I watch what I'm doing then I should be okay. If I stay on the correct install path then it shouldn't be a problem.

What does this error mean: "550 File System Error (open EROFS)".

I'm getting this error when trying to copy the files and replace via FTP. I'm using DEV PL3 for copying and installing stuff.
    Last edited by tonybologna; 12-26-2010 at 08:00 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

550 in FTP language mean - Requested action not taken. File unavailable, not found, not accessible. That you don't allowed to do this action. EROFS is a Read Only File System - like ROM, where you just can read from and not write/execute.

The only action I know you can do, is to give every folder the permission 777 (in the FTP client) so you have read/write/execute rights.

Switch the folder permission (dev_flash/2/3 dev_hdd0) to 777 and try this again. If the same error occurred, I don't know what we else can do.

Sorry about the delay. I haven't had time to test out your suggestions. I'll get to it this weekend and report back the results. Thanks!

Okay, still waiting for the post !

Quote Originally Posted by oVERSoLDiER View Post
    Okay, still waiting for the post !
    How in the world do I switch folder permissions to 777 from FlashFXP? I can't find anything about it from the program. Thanks!

I figured out how to set file permissions to '777' but I can't stay connected to the PS3. Each attempt to transfer a file disconnects me from the server. I had a problem a while back with disconnections and switched to PL3 DEV and things started working normally.

I can get one file transfered and then the problem begins. Another thing is my files being transferred are showing up as 0kb as well. Any ideas to correct the problem? Thanks!
    Last edited by tonybologna; 01-02-2011 at 03:17 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News