Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by DeViL303 View Post
    Did comgenie app work ok? Yes, you can copy compatible media file formats from ps3 media server to xmb, dont try copying EG. mkv or other transcoded file though, it will sometimes try copy hundreds of GB of uncompressed data! Seems reinstalling FW might be your best chance fornow.
    Yes, both MultiMAN and Comgenie worked just fine for me. I did stream a couple avi files over the the PS3 just fine. They showed up from the XMB "Video" tab and I played them from there. I thought you were talking about copying the media files from PC over to the actual PS3 HDD via media server.

I think I will try the re-install of the 3.41 firmware first. I say this because I don't won't to jump back into another re-format of the HDD just yet. Do I just use the 3.41 fixed version since that's the version I have installed? Thanks!

Banned User
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    yes you can copy over to ps3 from pc using media server.but only natively comptible files.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    yes you can copy over to ps3 from pc using media server.but only natively comptible files.
    Copy to XMB but not install to HDD, right? I thought we could only stream over to PS3 from media server and not install to HDD.

I downgraded with the modded pup then, and then done system update via recovery using the retail version from official uk ps3 site which I had on my pc from when it was released, I don't think they are archived on the site as soon as the latest update is out the last one disappears, so you'l have to use what ever you have

Quote Originally Posted by cackalack View Post
    I downgraded with the modded pup then, and then done system update via recovery using the retail version from official uk ps3 site which I had on my pc from when it was released, I don't think they are archived on the site as soon as the latest update is out the last one disappears, so you'l have to use what ever you have
    We can get all the PS3 firmware updates right from these forums bud. They are archived on here. I have already downloaded the fixed 3.41 firmware from here.

BTW, what's the correct folder structure for applying the firmware? Is it:

PS3(All CAPS) and then PS3UPDAT.PUP(All CAPS) inside this folder.
    Last edited by tonybologna; 12-12-2010 at 07:21 PM

PS3 (CAPS) UPDATE (CAPS) put update.pup in the update folder put update folder in the ps3 folder and copy to flash drive, I know the updates are archived here but they are all US mine were downloaded from UK where I live sorry 4 delay in answer, been busy today

Quote Originally Posted by cackalack View Post
    PS3 (CAPS) UPDATE (CAPS) put update.pup in the update folder put update folder in the ps3 folder and copy to flash drive, I know the updates are archived here but they are all US mine were downloaded from UK where I live sorry 4 delay in answer, been busy today
    No problem! No need to put off your life because of me!

Gotcha on the proper folder structure. I'll try it out later and get back with results! Thanks guys for your help in trying to get this issue resolved.

Banned User
    must also be called > PS3UPDAT.PUP

must also be called > PS3UPDAT.PUP
    Yes! All CAPS! I'll be giving this a whirl soon. Thanks!

Hi dev, I'm only talking about the folders where the update.pup file goes which are PS3 + UPDATE, the update.pup is automatically in caps when downloaded

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News