Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Unhappy [UnAnswered] xbox wireless adapter with PS3?

Sponsored Links
    will work a 20gig PS3, has anyone tried it?

Will I be able to set it up through the PS3, or can that only be done on the premium 60gig version with wireless built in? I am trying to get rid of my XBOX Classic and I have the wireless adapter from that, so I was thinking of seeing if it would work so I can save myself the $100 bucks and out i towards another new game!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Any Wireless game adapter should work just fine. I know cause I'm using one currently for mine. Linksys wga11b adapter or something similar to it will work as well.

Sponsored Links

Unhappy Can you set it up through the PS3??

Sponsored Links
    Thanks for getting back to me, how did you set it up? Were you able to set it up through the PS3 or did you have to do it externally? I'm hoping through the PS3!!!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by macman68 View Post
    Thanks for getting back to me, how did you set it up? Were you able to set it up through the PS3 or did you have to do it externally? I'm hoping through the PS3!!!
    Well, What kind of adapter is it? Any ethernet wire to wireless game adapter will work. What I did with mine was just plugin one end of the ethernet cable to the ps3 and the other to the wifi adapter. Most of these wifi adapters, especially those made by linksys should have a button on the side to change modes for online capability. The one I'm using is set on "ln" mode. Once the that's configured, go to your ps3 network settings and just do an easy configuration so that it automatically sets you up for PSN.

Unhappy No laughing now...

it is the wireless game adapter from my XBOX classic!!! I figured I might as well see if it works, to save myself $100, I don;t need the media card readers etc.... I assume it should work the same as you have mentioned....

Sponsored Links

Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News