Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Lightbulb [UnAnswered] XBOX 360 Emulator on PS3

Sponsored Links
    If the PS3 is so much more powerful than the XBOX360, when should we expect an emulator so we can play XBOX on the PS3? has anyone started working on this or was I the first to think of it? not that im smart enough to make this, but it would make sense.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I think the ps3 would have to be totally '"hacked" before we will see anything like that.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    djwhetzel is right. the PS3 isn't significantly powerful to the Xbox 360. It does have a lot more processing power, but that processing power has yet to be exploited to its fullest and that is really the only big difference.

I'm not sure what you wanted.... but
    when should we expect an emulator so we can play XBOX on the PS3?
    A few years, 4-5...after all XBOX360 is doing it basically (from what I read)
    AS FOR XBOX360.....We would probably need a PS5......

The way I see it...If SNES required a 400Mhz computer with MMX to run a basically 16Mhz machine (no graphical accelation)*Am I wrong?* properly (I remember doing that back in the day ) then we will need something we can't even imagine today to emulate that system which has almost comprobable graphical ability to the PS3 (though processing I would compare 2 or 3 to one)

it would be very slow and bugy due to needing a wrapper for directx to opengl. The graphics cards are completely different also.

I think there is a bigger possibility of dreamcast games being emulated than xbox games.

Quote Originally Posted by xragel View Post
    xbox 360 has nothing on ps3 period. i have both systems, 3 360s since 2 of them were scratching my discs. ps3 is just a newborn and is already showing superior game play. 360 has been out for a while.. thats all i got to say!
    And all that you said was completely unrelated to the topic. Way to be a fanboy.

when pigs fly.... haha jk i dont think it'll be for awhile.

maybe year to get another close to playable.

There will never be a functional 360 emulator for ps3, the hardware is simply too different. Shame really.

Though I own both consoles so im not bothered.

Quote Originally Posted by yuskis1 View Post
    If the PS3 is so much more powerful than the XBOX360, when should we expect an emulator so we can play XBOX on the PS3? has anyone started working on this or was I the first to think of it? not that im smart enough to make this, but it would make sense.
    I don't think that this is possible. The PS3 CPU is PowerPC and the xbox is intel. Granted the Xbox360 is also an IBM chip, but still not the same. Therefore it is impossible to emulate Xbox or Xbox360.

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News