Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] Would This Keep You From Getting Banned?

Sponsored Links
    Is it possible to just use two different hdd's to keep from getting banned by Sony?

In my case, I bought an 80gb PS3. I upgraded it to a 500gb. I still have the original hdd sitting in a drawer.

If I swapped the hdd back to the 80gb to use with a backup manager, stayed offline to play a game, then switched back to the 500gb, would Sony be able to even know I used it?

My understanding is that the PS3 does keep a log of what games have been played on it, but that log would exsist on the hdd right? Being that I switched hdd's would remove any evidence?

I love the idea of being able to backup my games and play them from hdd, but I've put way too much money into my account to have it banned over something stupid.
    Best Answer - Posted by sid4975:

yes you will get banned. the only safe way is to buy an online ps3 and an offline ps3. i only used my ps3 for online and my xbox for offline. but now im stuck with two offline machines.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    As long as you don't put your ps3 is dev mode using the exploit and then go online you should be safe. At the moment we don't know anything about what sony knows or sees while online and in dev mode, only time will tell. For right now its safer to stay offline while in dev mode.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I understand the dangers of going online while using this. I have no interest in going online while using a backup manager.

What I'm trying to do is eliminate any evidence of the game id (LAUN-12345) on my system, or any traces of the backup manager files.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretikewl View Post
    What I'm trying to do is eliminate any evidence of the game id (LAUN-12345) on my system, or any traces of the backup manager files.
    Well, whatever you do to evade online detection, it'll always be short term.

In a month's time, you will be FORCED to update your firmware IF you go online. So any resistance is futile. You either choose to stick to backups, or play online.

This could work, but as NinjaOptimus said, soon you will have to update to be able to play online and then you'll certainly get banned if you try to use the backup manager or PSJailbreak,or whatever you use. It's also possible that a log is kept on the PS3's internal memory (not the HDD). I know I would do it that way.

You will get banned even if you use the device once and go on to back up manager and then go online because it will be in the log that you have used back up manager (LAUN-12345) and your mac address will get banned.

So all of you guys who have posted in response are 100% sure that the log file is kept on the flash, and not the hdd? I've heard others say different from other boards.

Even if a firmware update disables the use of the dongle, I'm more worried about Sony to be able to trace back that I've even used it (by swapping hdd's).

yes you will get banned. the only safe way is to buy an online ps3 and an offline ps3. i only used my ps3 for online and my xbox for offline. but now im stuck with two offline machines.

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News