Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[UnAnswered] Wireless on a 20gb? Bluetooth keyboard?

Sponsored Links
    Can you use usb wireless adapters on a 20gb model? I looked through the forums and didn't see anything about it. I don't want to buy one and then find out it won't work. Also does PS3 support Bluetooth keyboard/mouse? I think I read that Bluetooth support in YDL is limited or non-existent.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Yes, you can use a wireless adapter. What I did is bought a $40 portable router from D-Link (literally, its' like 2 inches big). First, you hook it up to your computer, and set it to the wireless connection you want. Then you hook it up to the PS3 via ethernet cable and it will instantly work! The only annoying part is having to select the internet via your computer. I don't think you can do it via the PS3. But it isn't a problem if you plan to just use your PS3 at home because you only need to do it once

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    ok, let me rephrase that. I have a 20gb ps3 and a wireless router. Is it possible to use a USB wireless adapter in my ps3 and connect to the internet thru my wireless router. I'm trying to avoid hooking a cable to it so I don't have to relocate my router/modem.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Yes, that's what I do.

Oh and just so you know, your wireless adapter has to be able to connect to the PS3 via it's ethernet cable. That's the only way it will work.

Quote Originally Posted by pataber View Post
    Also does PS3 support Bluetooth keyboard/mouse? I think I read that Bluetooth support in YDL is limited or non-existent.
    I would like to know too. I was hoping to use the logitech keyboard that should be released soon:

[Register or Login to view links]

Sponsored Links

Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News