Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Exclamation [UnAnswered] Wired Ps3 media server setup help?

Sponsored Links
    I was wondering it was possible to setup a wired ps3 media server via cat5 ethernet cable. My setup.. HAve Linksys WRT54G v5 router connected to my wall.. in port 1 my desktop is connected to that. Ps3 connected in port 2 --- the router.. This setup ps3 browser works flawlessly and online gaming, but media server wont show up. When i am connected wireless ps3 media servers show up, but i want to connect my stream wired. Can someone help me out?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    It looks like eihter firewall or antivirus setting on your desktop is prohibiting PS3 from seeing it over the wired connection or even your router might be affecting this. But my bet would be on the former.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by GrandpaHomer View Post
    It looks like eihter firewall or antivirus setting on your desktop is prohibiting PS3 from seeing it over the wired connection or even your router might be affecting this. But my bet would be on the former.
    I turned all my firewalls of and still doesn't work..Would router firewall be messing with it?
    Settings for router firewall:
    Block Anonymous Internet Requests checked*
    Filter Multicast Checked*
    Filter IDENT(Port 113) Checked*

I tired settting the same ip as the computer static on the ps3 still didn't help.
    Before i had the ps3 on its on ip like for example 192.168.1.250 for ps3 and pc 192.168.1.100 ..

Still nothing is working.. Weird and it shows up wireless.. the media servers

Router firewall most likely would not be messing with it, as that is usually between the WAN and LAN sides.

Are you 100% sure all of your PC firewalls are off, even the Windows Firewall (if windows), or selinux / iptables exceptions on a linux system?

Sponsored Links
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News